Established in early 2018, Allswell Home set out to deliver a luxurious sleep experience for folks looking to avoid a luxury price tag. Since then, Allswell has introduced two mattresses to the game (and we’ve reviewed them both), but today we’re looking at the brand’s newest accessories — memory foam mattress toppers.
If you’ve been looking for ways to adjust the feel of your mattress, join me on this journey as I explore not one, not two, but all three Allswell mattress toppers.
Sleepers who need a little extra comfort can look toward the memory foam feel of the Allswell mattress toppers for contouring pressure relief! Use code SLEEPOPOLIS15 to save 15% until June 30!
How Do Allswell Mattress Toppers Feel?
Okay, sleepers, before we get into the specifics of each topper, let’s talk about the one thing they all have in common — memory foam.
Have you ever pressed into a mattress or pillow and watched the material slowly conform around your hands? And then when you take your hands away, the imprint of your fingers is still there? If so, there’s a good chance you were pressing into memory foam.
Memory foam is known for its super slow response to pressure, which allows for a deep sink into the material as opposed to the buoyant support you might get from something like latex. So, these mattress toppers are designed to make you feel comfortably cradled, as the memory foam tightly conforms to your body’s shape.
Now, if you’re already familiar with memory foam, you might know that this material has a reputation for trapping heat and warming up throughout the night. So, sleepers who love the feel of memory foam (but also need help keeping cool) can often find themselves in a bit of a bedtime conundrum. That’s why Allwell Home designed its mattress toppers with cooling materials infused into the memory foam.
Each Allswell mattress topper has a different material blended into the foam. One topper is blended with graphite, one with copper gel, and one with both. Now, because all of these toppers are made from memory foam, each one offers that slow conformance to pressure. But what are these infusions all about? Let’s take a closer look.
What Are Allswell Mattress Toppers Made Of?
Mattress toppers come in all kinds of materials including latex, down, and foam. When you’re shopping around, a lot comes down to personal preference and you have to ask yourself, “What do I want my topper to feel like?” For example, a latex topper provides springy support, while down offers more of a feathery feel.
Choosing memory foam toppers like these means you’re signing up for a slow response to pressure, and a deep sink into the material. But let’s dive into the details of each Allswell topper so you can determine which is the best option for you!
Memory Foam Mattress Topper Infused with Graphite
This mattress topper features a single layer construction of open-cell memory foam, and a 3” profile. It’s built to offer a medium-firm feel and, as the name suggests, is infused with graphite. And this infusion does actually make the topper grey in color… But what’s the deal with the graphite, anyway?
Well, the folks from Allswell say that both graphite and copper gel are meant to draw heat away from the body, making for a cooler sleep experience. So, with the graphite infused topper, you’re getting three inches of memory foam working to keep you both cool and cozy.
Because this topper offers a medium-firm level of support, you’re really getting that deep sink into the material which I found to be particularly beneficial in the side-sleeping position. When I’m on my side, I like a little extra pressure relief in my shoulder so that it’s not bearing the brunt of my body’s weight, and I think this topper did a great job of that.
The Verdict: Sleepers who run hot, love memory foam, and prefer a medium firm feel are going to be most compatible with this topper.
Now we know what the graphite infused topper is made of, so let’s explore the copper gel, shall we?
Memory Foam Mattress Topper Infused with Copper Gel
Like the graphite topper, this topper is also made from open-cell memory foam. However, instead of one layer, it features a two-layer construction and a slightly taller 4” profile. Thanks to this extra inch of support, those with broader shoulders might find better pressure relief with this topper.
The other thing that separates this topper from the one we just looked at is that instead of a graphite infusion, it’s infused with copper gel. As I said, copper is also meant to draw heat away from the body, but it’s got some other beneficial traits as well. Copper is known for its antimicrobial properties, so while this topper is meant to keep you cool, it’s also designed to keep allergens at bay.
Additionally, this topper is built to offer a firm feel, so the graphite topper is a bit softer than this one. That said, folks who love the feel of memory foam, but prefer a firmer level of support, might be more compatible with this topper.
The Verdict: You’ll be most compatible with this topper if you love a firm memory foam feel, and want to make sure the topper is hypoallergenic!
Okay, now let’s take a look at the mattress topper that incorporates both graphite and copper gel.
Memory Foam Mattress Topper Infused with Graphite & Copper Gel
I’ll be honest — of the three Allswell mattress toppers, this one is my favorite. It’s got the same dual-layer construction and 4” profile as the copper gel topper, but it doubles down on the cooling properties.
Because this topper is infused with graphite and copper gel, you’re kind of getting the best of both worlds. The graphite and copper combine forces to keep you cool, while the copper serves to make your mattress more resistant to mold, mildew and other bacteria trying to creep into your sleep space.
On the firmness scale, this one also ranks as firm so, again, the graphite topper is the softest of the three. However, it’s still made from memory foam, so you’re getting that nice, slow response to pressure, and deep sink into the material. That said, this topper is crafted to be the coolest of the bunch, so if you’re a very hot sleeper, you might be best suited to this one.
The Verdict: You’ll be most compatible with this topper if you prefer a firm memory foam feel, and need all the help you can get to sleep cool!
Is An Allswell Mattress Topper Right For Me?
Okay, I know I just hit you with a lot of information, so let’s recap the highlights of each topper so you can better decide which is ideal for you. But before we do, just remember that you don’t need a certain kind of mattress in order to enjoy these toppers.
Whether you already have an all-foam mattress but just can’t get enough of those comfort layers, or you sleep on an innerspring mattress and want to top it off with a memory foam feel — anyone can enjoy an Allswell topper. That said, these toppers were designed with the Allswell mattresses in mind.
Alright, let’s check out the perks that come with these Allswell mattress toppers:
- Memory Foam Feel — Folks who love the deep sink and slow response to pressure that memory foam provides are likely to be most compatible with these toppers. Not to mention, three and four inches is nice and thick. So, regardless of which topper you choose, you’re likely to experience some nice pressure relief across your body. That said, folks who are heavier might want to opt for the 4” toppers for extra support!
- Hot Sleepers — Despite their different infusions, these toppers are all designed to draw heat away from the body, allowing you to enjoy a cool snooze. While sleepers of all kinds can enjoy them, those who run hot and also love the feel of memory foam are probably going to be most compatible with Allswell’s mattress toppers.
- Antimicrobial Copper — Something great about the toppers infused with copper gel is you’re getting extra resistance to mold, mildew, and other allergens. Sleepers with sensitive skin, or those just looking for a way to keep their topper and mattress fresh and clean, might be best suited to the toppers infused with copper gel.
Allswell Mattress Topper Complaints
Before you go out and buy a new Allswell mattress topper, there are a few other things to consider:
- Not Bouncy — When picking the perfect mattress topper, a lot comes down to personal preference, and some sleepers just don’t love the feel of memory foam. In fact, some say the sink into foam makes them feel kind of trapped. So, if you’re looking for more of a bouncy feel that lets you sit on top of the topper rather than deeply nestled into it, these toppers might not be for you.
- Loft — I tested these toppers on the Allswell mattress which is about 10 inches deep, so adding a 3” or 4” topper took the profile to 13” and 14”, respectively. Now, most sheet sets can accommodate a mattress of that depth. However, if you’re already sleeping on a mattress that’s 15” deep, and you add a 4” topper, you’re going to want to make sure you’ve got a fitted sheet with pockets deep enough to accommodate both the mattress and the topper.
- Spot Clean Only — Another thing to think about when it comes to these particular toppers (and any memory foam topper, for that matter) is that they need to be spot cleaned. And even then, you should be using a damp cloth and mild detergent, as getting memory foam really wet is never a good idea.
Anything Else I Should Know?
- Pricing — $79-$179, depending on the size and model
- Sizing — Twin, Full, Queen, King, for the graphite and copper toppers while the CoolTouch (both graphite and copper in one) is only available in Queen and King size versions.
- Shipping — Free ground shipping with the U.S. Expedited shipping comes at an additional fee.
- Returns — 30-day return policy
- Wash Care — Spot clean only
Well, sleepers, you officially know the ins and outs of every mattress topper Allswell Home has to offer. Overall I would say that the Allswell Toppers provide amazing value and amazing quality. Now all that’s left to do is to deeply ponder the meaning of memory foam, and decide just how cool you want to sleep. Oh, and don’t forget to follow us on social media and subscribe to our YouTube channel, because we wouldn’t want you miss anything!