Is your bed ready for an upgrade? Then consider investing in a bed in a bag. These bedding sets make it easy to change up the look of your entire bed or bedroom by providing you with all the pieces you need to overhaul your bedding.
Different bed in a bag sets will include different pieces, but here’s what you should expect at a minimum: a comforter, a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases or shams. These complementary items let you create a cohesive look for your bed — often at a lower cost than if you bought all those pieces individually. Need help choosing between the best bed in a bag options? Check out our curated list.
Bare Home Bed-in-A-Bag 7-Piece Set
- The set is available in many colors and sizes (even a split king), which makes it very customizable to your bedroom.
- The set includes a comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet, two pillow shams, and two pillowcases — all for a pretty budget-friendly price.
- The box stitch on the comforter helps hold fill in place, while the piped edges offer a pulled-together look.
- The fabrics are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means they meet certain safety and environmental standards.
- If you like a lot of overhang from your comforter or you have a tall mattress, then you might need to order a size up.
- The comforter is a little on the flat side, so keep this in mind if you prefer super fluffy comforters.
The Bare Home Bed-in-A-Bag 7-Piece Set features OEKO-TEX Standard 100 fabrics and a few extra pieces, offering great value for the price. Box stitching helps hold the comforter’s fill in place.
AmazonBasics 8-Piece Bedding Set
- The set is available in nine patterns, so there should be something for most design palettes.
- The fabrics are made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, so they’re free of certain harmful chemicals and meet certain environmental standards.
- The set includes a comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, two pillow shams, two pillowcases, and a bed skirt. This is a very comprehensive set for the price.
- While the comforter is soft and comfortable, the sheets feel a little thin and cheap.
- The set comes in King, Full/Queen, and Twin/TwinXL sizes. If your bed falls into either of the latter categories, the fit might not be perfect because the size is meant to work for two different bed sizes.
The 8-piece AmazonBasics Bedding Set provides a comprehensive set for a budget-friendly price. It’s available in nine patterns, so you can customize the design to your bedroom decor.
Most Color Options
Sweet Home Collection 7-Piece Bed-In-A-Bag
- The set is available in 17 color options, so there should be a color for every taste.
- The set includes a comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet, and four pillowcases. Given everything that’s included, it’s very budget-friendly.
- The fitted sheet has deep pockets, so it should accommodate taller mattresses (up to 16 inches).
- The box stitching on the comforter helps hold the down alternative fill in place.
- The comforter isn’t super breathable, so it may be too hot for warmer seasons.
- Some users have reported that certain colors may shed a bit.
Choose from 17 color options to tailor the Sweet Home Collection 7-Piece Bed-in-A-Bag to your bedroom. The budget-friendly set features a deep fitted sheet to accommodate most mattresses.
Madison Park LaVine 12-Piece Comforter Set
- The Jacquard pattern and elegant design add a luxurious aesthetic to your bedroom.
- This is a very comprehensive set. It includes a comforter, two pillow shams, two Euro shams, a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, two decorative pillows, two pillowcases, and a bed skirt.
- Most users agree that the sizing is accurate and the comforter provides adequate drape.
- This is definitely not a budget-friendly bed in a bag, and it won’t be affordable for everyone.
- The comforter is made from 100% polyester. Given the cost, I’m surprised the manufacturer isn’t using higher quality materials. (The sheets are 100% cotton.)
Amp up your bedroom’s luxury quotient with the Madison Park LaVine 12-Piece Comforter Set. The comprehensive set comes with many additional pieces and features an elegant Jacquard design.
AmazonBasics 10-Piece Bedding Set
- The set includes 10 pieces: a comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, two shams, two pillowcases, a rectangular pillow, a square pillow, and a bed skirt. You’re unlikely to find greater value for the price.
- The set is available in three sizes and five different patterns, so you can tailor it to your aesthetic preferences.
- It’s made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, which means the textiles meet certain safety and environmental standards.
- Because there’s only one size for both Full and Queen-sized beds (Full/Queen), the fit might not be perfect. The set might be a little large on a Full bed and a little small on a Queen bed.
- The quality of the pillows leaves something to be desired.
Get 10 bedding pieces at a very affordable price thanks to the AmazonBasics 10-Piece Bedding Set. The textiles are made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, so they’re free of certain harmful chemicals.
How We Picked
To narrow down this list, the first thing we looked for is what’s included in each set. We eliminated any options that didn’t meet this minimum for included pieces:
- A comforter
- A fitted sheet
- A flat sheet
- Two pillowcases or shams
These represent the very basics that you need to outfit a bed, so we made sure every option on this list included these pieces. In many cases, sets on this list include additional items such as bed skirts, pillows, or extra pillowcases.
Beyond the contents of these sets, we also considered the following.
To accommodate different aesthetic preferences, we made sure to include sets in a variety of colors and patterns, from basic solids to classic patterns and intricate Jacquard designs. There should be something for most tastes on this list.
Bedding should be comfortable. So we prioritized sets that generally have soft comforters and sheets. Stiff, scratchy bedding need not apply!
Cost is always an important consideration when you’re on the hunt for new bedding. Quality bed in a bag sets can range from less than $50 to over $400, so there’s a lot of variety under the “bed in a bag” umbrella.
Most of the options on this list are closer to the low end of that price scale, because we wanted our choices to be accessible to as many people as possible. But we also included a big splurge if you’re looking to add some serious luxury to your bedroom.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
In the market for a whole bed in a bag? Ask yourself the following questions to help find the best bed in a bag for your needs:
- What pieces are essential? Your existing bedding will help determine your needs for a new bed set. For instance, if you don’t have any pillows, then it might be worth looking for a bed in a bag that comes with pillows. Or if you only use one or two pillows on your bed, you might feel that a set with four or more pillowcases is overkill.
- What’s your design preference? Do you have strong preferences when it comes to colors or patterns? Knowing your aesthetic desires will help you rule out a lot of options.
- What’s your budget? Some sets will cost less than $50, while others cost hundreds of dollars. Getting clear about your budget will help you filter through your options.
Buying a bed in a bag is a convenient way to overhaul your bedding and upgrade the look of your bedroom in one fell swoop. Think about your aesthetic preferences, your functional needs, and your budget to zero in on the best bed in a bag for you.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- Best Comforters - October 12, 2019
- Interview with Nolah Mattress Founder Daniel Galle - August 29, 2019