Is your bed ready for an upgrade? Then consider investing in a bed in a bag. These bedding sets make it easy to change up the look of your entire bed or bedroom by providing you with all the pieces you need to overhaul your bedding.
Different bed in a bag sets will include different pieces, but here’s what you should expect at a minimum: a comforter, a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases or shams. These complementary items let you create a cohesive look for your bed — often at a lower cost than if you bought all those pieces individually. Need help choosing between the best bed in a bag options? Check out our curated list.
Editor’s Choice – AmazonBasics Pinch Pleat Comforter Bedding Set
- The comforter in this set is mid-weight and fluffy, ideal for year-round use.
- The pinch-pleat detailing and piped edges on the comforter and pillowcases add a uniquely attractive flare.
- This bed-in-a-bag set is offered in five different colors, all of which evoke a spa-like aesthetic.
- While I think the colors offered with this set are very pretty, it’s important to note that they are all bluish in hue. Those looking for warmer colors like red, orange, or brown might want to look elsewhere.
- The comforter in this set is mid-weight, which might not be ideal for sleepers who run very cold.
AmazonBasics Pinch Pleat Comforter Bedding Set
Covered in super soft microfiber and filled with cushy polyester, this bed-in-a-bag set comes complete with a comforter and two pillowcases. Not to mention, the comforter features a charming pinch-pleat pattern that brings a unique aesthetic to the bedroom.
Best Value – Bare Home Kids Comforter Set
- Those who love the feel of real down but don’t want to sleep on animal products are probably going to be most compatible with this set. Personally, I found the comforter to offer a very fluffy feel that’s quite similar to real down!
- This bed-in-a-bag set comes in over a dozen colors, most of which are very bright and vibrant.
- This set is a fantastic value for the price. Not to mention, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Sleepers who run hot should note that the comforter in this set is quite warm and insulating.
- The pillowcases in this set have envelope closures on the back, which might not be ideal for those who like to flip their pillow mid-slumber.
Bare Home Kids Comforter Set
This fluffy down-alternative bed-in-a-bag set comes with one cozy comforter and two stylishly flanged pillowcases. And sleepers on a budget are bound to benefit from Bare Home’s very affordable pricing options.
Best for Winter – AmazonBasics Ultra-Soft Micromink Sherpa Comforter Set
- Personally, I can’t decide which I like more — the micromink side or the fleece side. Both are incredibly soft and cozy, perfect for cool weather.
- The comforter features box stitching, which helps keeps the internal polyester stuffing in place.
- This set comes complete with one comforter and two pillowcases, and it’s all machine washable!
- Sleepers looking for a light and breathable comforter set should probably look elsewhere, as this one is very warming.
- This bedding set is on the pricier side, so might not be in everyone’s budget.
AmazonBasics Ultra-Soft Micromink Sherpa Comforter Set
This cozy comforter set features a dual design wherein one side of the comforter is covered in micromink polyester, and the other is covered in fleece. Sleepers looking to bundle up and stay warm are likely to be most compatible with this set!
Best Down Alternative – Utopia Bedding Printed Comforter Set
- One of my favorite things about this bed-in-a-bag is its fretwork printed pattern! Folks looking to spruce up their bedroom decor with a stylish comforter set should definitely give this one a try.
- This comforter is filled with a very fluffy down-alternative, ideal for those who love the feel of real down but don’t want to sleep on animal products.
- The comforter and pillowcases in this set are easily machine washable and dryable, which makes maintenance pretty simple.
- It’s important to note that this comforter set only comes in two styles, and they both feature a fretwork printed pattern.
- Keep in mind that the Twin size set only includes one pillowcase.
Utopia Bedding Printed Comforter Set
Sleepers who love the feel of down but don’t want to sleep on animal products are bound to be compatible with this fluffy comforter set. It includes one comforter, which is covered in soft microfiber and filled with goose down-alternative, and two pillowcases to match.
Best for Dorm Life – AmazonBasics 5-Piece Bed-In-A-Bag
- From plaid and pinstripes to windowpane and polka dots, this set comes in a variety of fun styles.
- Covered in microfiber and stuffed with polyester, the comforter in this set offers a soft and cushy feel.
- In my opinion, the best part about this ensemble is that it comes with everything you need to make your bed. Additionally, the sheets, comforter, and pillowcases all color coordinate!
- Sleepers looking for a plain white comforter set should probably look elsewhere as this one only comes in printed patterns.
- Because this set comes with five pieces, it’s a bit pricier than other options we reviewed for the Full/Queen size.
AmazonBasics 5-Piece Bed-In-A-Bag
This bed-in-a-bag set comes complete with one comforter, two pillowcases, and a full set of sheets. College students looking to buy their first full bedding set might be particularly compatible with this one, as it comes with all the essentials.
How We Picked
To narrow down this list, the first thing we looked for is what’s included in each set. We eliminated any options that didn’t meet this minimum for included pieces:
- A comforter
- A fitted sheet
- A flat sheet
- Two pillowcases or shams
These represent the very basics that you need to outfit a bed, so we made sure every option on this list included these pieces. In many cases, sets on this list include additional items such as bed skirts, pillows, or extra pillowcases.
Beyond the contents of these sets, we also considered the following.
To accommodate different aesthetic preferences, we made sure to include sets in a variety of colors and patterns, from basic solids to classic patterns and intricate Jacquard designs. There should be something for most tastes on this list.
Bedding should be comfortable. So we prioritized sets that generally have soft comforters and sheets. Stiff, scratchy bedding need not apply!
Cost is always an important consideration when you’re on the hunt for new bedding. Quality bed in a bag sets can range from less than $50 to over $400, so there’s a lot of variety under the “bed in a bag” umbrella.
Most of the options on this list are closer to the low end of that price scale, because we wanted our choices to be accessible to as many people as possible. But we also included a big splurge if you’re looking to add some serious luxury to your bedroom.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
In the market for a whole bed in a bag? Ask yourself the following questions to help find the best bed in a bag for your needs:
- What pieces are essential? Your existing bedding will help determine your needs for a new bed set. For instance, if you don’t have any pillows, then it might be worth looking for a bed in a bag that comes with pillows. Or if you only use one or two pillows on your bed, you might feel that a set with four or more pillowcases is overkill.
- What’s your design preference? Do you have strong preferences when it comes to colors or patterns? Knowing your aesthetic desires will help you rule out a lot of options.
- What’s your budget? Some sets will cost less than $50, while others cost hundreds of dollars. Getting clear about your budget will help you filter through your options.
Buying a bed in a bag is a convenient way to overhaul your bedding and upgrade the look of your bedroom in one fell swoop. Think about your aesthetic preferences, your functional needs, and your budget to zero in on the best bed in a bag for you.