Chenille bedspreads are sort of like jawbreaker candies: either you love them or you’re really not into them. Those who love chenille bedspreads usually embrace them for the fact that they lend a cozy, old-timey, “antique,” and perhaps nostalgic aesthetic to any bedroom.
If you want to find a bedspread that’s similar to what your grandparents’ might have owned, then make sure you look for options made from high-quality materials such as 100% cotton. To narrow down your choices even more, think about your preferences when it comes to a bedspread’s design, color, weight, and so on. Then check out this list of some of the best chenille bedspreads around.
Martha Washington’s Choice Bedspread
- It doesn’t get much more classic than this antique-looking, candlewick bedspread. Heck, it even has “Martha Washington” in the name!
- The bedspread is made in the USA out of 100% cotton.
- It’s available in five versatile colors, so you should be able to find an option that matches your bedroom decor.
- The thick-knit texture and relatively heavy weight offers the kind of warmth and coziness you might remember from your grandparents’ quilts.
- This is a pricey bedspread, and it won’t be accessible for all budgets.
- If you like a lot of drape on the sides of the bed (down toward the floor), you might need to order a size up.
Hark back to the good old days with the antique-looking Martha Washington’s Choice Bedspread. It’s made in the USA out of 100% cotton and features thoughtful details and an intricate design.
Saral Home Fashions Grace Chenille Bedspread
- This is a relatively budget-friendly chenille bedspread, especially given that it’s 100% cotton.
- The bedspread comes with two pillow shams and is available in six colors.
- The bedspread is machine-washable, and the manufacturer says it’s fade-, stain-, and wrinkle-resistant.
- This is on the heavier side, so it should be warm and cozy.
- Weirdly, this bedspread doesn’t seem to be available in a Queen size. Also, some of the colors are only available in one or two sizes.
- The fabric is a little thin, which means you’ll need to treat it carefully to prevent small tears or pulled fringe (especially if you have pets or small children).
The Saral Home Fashions Grace Chenille Bedspread offers great value for the price, thanks to the inclusion of two pillow shams. This heavy-weight bedspread is made from 100% cotton and should keep you cozy on cool nights.
Collections Etc. Elegant Victoria Plus Chenille Bedspread
- The bedspread is made from 100% cotton.
- It features plush texture, an intricate wedding ring design on top, and fringe around the border.
- The bedspread is machine-washable, and it should hold up well to washings.
- The bedspread is only available in three colors, so there might not be an option for all tastes.
- It tends to shed a lot of lint.
Plush, cushy comfort meets an intricate wedding ring design in the Collections Etc. Elegant Victoria Plus Chenille Bedspread. The machine-washable bedspread should offer long-term durability.
Collections Etc. Calista Chenille Lightweight Bedspread
- This is a fairly budget-friendly chenille bedspread, especially given that it’s 100% cotton.
- It’s available in four rich colors.
- The bedspread is machine-washable.
- It’s soft to the touch and features an intricate ring design on top as well as fringe around the edges.
- The bedspread is prone to shedding lint.
- Many users have reported that the yellow color is paler and less bright in person than it is in pictures.
If you’re in the market for a summer-weight bedspread, look to the Collections Etc. Calista Chenille Lightweight Bedspread. The budget-friendly bedspread is made from 100% cotton and comes in four colors.
BrylaneHome Georgia Chenille Bedspread
- This is a budget-friendly chenille bedspread. (Mind you, it’s still a little pricey because all chenille bedspreads are! But relatively speaking, this is a real bargain.)
- The bedspread is available in eight colors, which gives you more color options than most bedspreads in this category.
- The bedspread is soft to the touch and features intricate details including a woven center medallion, latticework outlines, and fringe edges.
- It’s machine-washable for easy at-home care.
- Some users have noted that some colors might be a little less bright than they appear in the photos.
- The bedspread is prone to shedding and might not hold up super well to repeat washings over the long-term.
“Bargains” are a relative term in the world of chenille bedspreads, but the BrylaneHome Georgia Chenille Bedspread delivers. Choose from eight soft, intricately detailed colors.
How We Picked
When we’re making roundups for sleep-related products, the challenge we usually face is that there’s an overwhelming number of options. (See: dog beds. Holy cow are there a lot of dog beds.) In this case, we had the opposite problem: It’s actually pretty hard to track down high-quality chenille bedspreads (especially ones that don’t cost an arm and a leg).
So we spent a while hunting for contenders, and then we vetted each one of them with the following criteria.
The look of a chenille bedspread creates a comfy, cozy aesthetic, and we think it’s important that its feel supports that. Nobody wants to be invited into a cozy-looking bed only to find that the blanket is actually stiff and scratchy! So we focused on options that are soft to the touch.
Comfort can also relate to temperature. You might prefer lying underneath a heavy blanket, or you might find that suffocating and prefer a lighter-weight blanket instead. We included bedspreads in different weights so there’s a comfortable option for everyone.
In our opinion, if you’re paying for a chenille bedspread, then you should be able to enjoy intricate designs all across its surface. We only included options that have paid attention to all the little details and maintain an attractive design across the surface of the bedspread.
Design can also refer to color options. While chenille bedspreads tend not to come in as many colors or patterns as other bed covers, you will find a range of solid colors on this list.
Again, our focus is all about quality. Most of the options on this list are made from 100% cotton. This helps ensure breathability and a soft feel, and it also maintains the “old-timey” aesthetic that a lot of people look for in a chenille bedspread.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Ready to find the best chenille bedspread for your bedroom? Take the following into account.
- What are your color preferences? As a general rule, chenille bedspreads don’t offer as much color diversity as duvet covers or other bed covers. So if you have strong preferences about color, that may be all you need to shrink your list of possible options.
- What’s your weight preference? Most chenille bedspreads are on the heavier side, but some are lighter weight. If you have a strong weight preference, this will also narrow down your choices.
- What are your design preferences? Some people like a wedding ring pattern, others love or hate fringe, and so on. Think about whether you want a particular design element on your bedspread, and that will eliminate a lot of options.
Chenille bedspreads tend to be on the pricier side, so it’s important that you hold out for a high-quality option to ensure you get your money’s worth. Think about your preferences when it comes to color, weight, and design, and you’ll be well on your way to finding a great upgrade for your bedroom.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020