Meet the new Brentwood Home mattress! Brentwood Home is a Los Angeles based mattress and bedding company. They craft a wide variety of mattresses, pillows, bedding, and other home products. For this unboxing and test I took a look at their Bamboo Gel 13 mattress, a 13″ memory foam mattress wrapped in a layer of wool and surrounded with a bamboo infused cover.
Watch the full Brentwood mattress unboxing below!
After sleeping on the Brentwood Home mattress for one night, here are my initial thoughts:
- Medium firmness level – this mattress lands at a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the most firm.
- Balanced level of support – while sleeping on the Brentwood I felt a very balanced level of support throughout the mattress. My wife (back & side sleeper) and I (stomach & side sleeper) felt as if the mattress alleviated pressure points and maintained stable spine alignment, regardless of our sleeping position.
- Minimal motion transfer – throughout the night motion transfer can be quite annoying when sleeping with a partner. With the Brentwood Home mattress, there was hardly any motion transfer at all. It does a great job of dissipating energy from movements.
- Pronounced hug and contour – when initially lying in a normal position on this mattress, I felt a decent amount of sinkage. When rotating onto my side, I noticed a little more. With that said, I did not feel trapped or stuck in the Brentwood. Although the response of the foams is not instantaneous, they still allowed me to move around with ease. The mattress does a very good job of contouring to your body as well as providing a comfortable hug.
Check back in about a week for my full review of the Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 mattress. As always, if you have any questions I can help answer please drop me a comment down below or feel free to email me directly via my contact form.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- What Is Biphasic Sleep and How Might It Benefit You? - March 24, 2018
- Yaasa Adjustable Bed Giveaway - March 22, 2018