Casper recently released an update to the construction of their flagship model, adding in a new zoned support section aimed at providing stronger support to keep your hips from sinking into the mattress. As with all Casper mattresses, this updated model is an all foam construction that is delivered directly to your door compressed in a box. Before putting the Casper to the test I have to set it up by taking it out of the box and letting it decompress, so let’s get going!
- Cover – The cover is made of a soft polyester blend. It’s a thick material and I should note that it’s removable by zipper, so you’ll be able to clean it with the rest of your bedding.
- Comfort Layer – Constructed of a latex-like material that gives the bed some immediate bounce. Like latex, this proprietary foam also has great cooling properties.
- Contour Layer – Below the comfort layer, you’ll find a section of memory foam. This material produces a classic body contouring feeling while also extending the pressure relief of the top layer into the rest of mattress.
- Transition Layer – The third layer down is where we find the Zoned Support mentioned above. It’s built with two types of durable polyfoam, with the softer variation located at the ends of the bed and the firmer one situated in the center. This placement is meant to aid with pressure relief and support, which we’ll explore later in the review.
- Foundation Layer – The base of the bed is made up of heavy-duty polyfoam and gives the mattress its structure.
- Zoned Support – The zoned transition layer provides noticeably improved support for the heavier parts of the body and did a good job of keeping my spine aligned in a good position.
- Balanced Foam Feel – The Casper provides a medium firmness with a balanced foam feel that should allow you to sleep comfortably in multiple positions.
- Sleeps Cool – The latex-like comfort layer does a good job of dissipating body heat.
Logan is the content director of Sleepopolis, which means he not only reviews new mattresses every week, but also curates all the comparisons, best of pages, and video guides on the site. He takes a straightforward, honest approach to his reviews and endeavors to give viewers an objective look at each new product he tries out. Logan has perfected his method by personally testing over 200 different mattresses, so he’s not only able to discern the overall vibe of a specific bed, but to contextualize its feel within the bed-in-a-box market as a whole.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020