Casper recently released an update to the construction of their flagship model, adding in a new zoned support section aimed at providing stronger support to keep your hips from sinking into the mattress. As with all Casper mattresses, this updated model is an all foam construction that is delivered directly to your door compressed in a box. Before putting the Casper to the test I have to set it up by taking it out of the box and letting it decompress, so let’s get going!
- Cover – The cover is made of a soft polyester blend. It’s a thick material and I should note that it’s removable by zipper, so you’ll be able to clean it with the rest of your bedding.
- Comfort Layer – Constructed of a latex-like material that gives the bed some immediate bounce. Like latex, this proprietary foam also has great cooling properties.
- Contour Layer – Below the comfort layer, you’ll find a section of memory foam. This material produces a classic body contouring feeling while also extending the pressure relief of the top layer into the rest of mattress.
- Transition Layer – The third layer down is where we find the Zoned Support mentioned above. It’s built with two types of durable polyfoam, with the softer variation located at the ends of the bed and the firmer one situated in the center. This placement is meant to aid with pressure relief and support, which we’ll explore later in the review.
- Foundation Layer – The base of the bed is made up of heavy-duty polyfoam and gives the mattress its structure.
- Zoned Support – The zoned transition layer provides noticeably improved support for the heavier parts of the body and did a good job of keeping my spine aligned in a good position.
- Balanced Foam Feel – The Casper provides a medium firmness with a balanced foam feel that should allow you to sleep comfortably in multiple positions.
- Sleeps Cool – The latex-like comfort layer does a good job of dissipating body heat.
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving: Loom and Leaf Mattress Giveaway! - December 13, 2018
- 25 Days of Giving: Sealy Cocoon Mattress Giveaway! - December 10, 2018