The Alexander hybrid has been one of the top rated mattresses on Sleepopolis since its release, and I’m interested to see how the updated version will compare. As many of you may already know, Nest Bedding decided to completely update their mattress line, including the Alexander Signature and Love Bed, with intentions of improving overall quality and sleeping experience.
[box type=”download”] Alexander Hybrid Coupon: Save $150 on Nest’s Alexander hybrid mattress with code “SLEEPOPOLIS150”[/box]
Watch my updated unboxing of the Alexander Hybrid mattress below!
My Initial Thoughts
After sleeping on the re-designed Nest Bedding Alexander hybrid mattress for a few nights, here are my initial thoughts:
- Medium firm feel – compared to the original Alexander hybrid, the new version is quite similar in terms of firmness. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most firm, the new Alexander hybrid model comes in at a 5.5 out of 10.
- Very good support – once again, the support level of this mattress is impressive. The original Alexander hybrid was already a stand out mattress in terms of support. With this newly revamped hybrid, Nest has maintained the feel and support level.
- Excellent edge support – the edge support of this mattress continues to impress. For both sitting and sleeping the Nest Hybrid does a good job of allowing a nice level of pressure relief, but still pushing back enough to create support. There were no major changes made to the support system from Nest Bedding Alexander Hybrid 1.0 to 2.0.
- More pronounced hug – the most significant difference between the original Hybrid and the new Hybrid is simply the top layers. The original hybrid was almost like a mini pillow top. The material wasn’t tremendously dense and didn’t’ create as significant of a contoured feeling. The updated Hybrid uses a more substantial piece of foam material in the top layer, creating a more pronounced contoured hug around your body.
I’m working on updating my full Alexander Hybrid mattress review now and expect to have it done within the next day or two. As always, if you have any questions please drop me a comment below or send me an email via my contact form.
For more information on the updated Alexander hybrid visit NestBedding.com.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Which States Sleep The Most Uncomfortably In Summer? - June 4, 2018
- Sweeps Of Your Dreams - April 9, 2018