Sleepopolis is supported by readers purchasing products we feature. Product links on Sleepopolis are referral links. If you use one of those links and buy something, Sleepopolis earns a commission from the sale. Need more info? See my disclosures.
Say hello to the new Nest Bedding Alexander hybrid mattress! The Nest Alexander hybrid mattress is built from a blend of copper infused foam and pocketed coils. This mattress totals 13″ in height and is looking to compete with other high end pocketed coil hybrid mattresses.
Watch the full Alexander hybrid mattress unboxing video below!
After sleeping on the Alexander hybrid mattress for a few nights, here are my initial thoughts:
- Medium firm feel – the Alexander hybrid mattress comes in at a 5.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the most firm.
- Balanced level of support – while sleeping on the Alexander hybrid, I felt a very balanced level of support throughout the mattress. As a stomach and side sleeper, I felt as if the mattress was able to eliminate any pressure points as well as maintain stable spine alignment regardless of what position I slept in. I received the same response from my wife, who is a back and side sleeper.
- Great edge support – one of the most impressive features of this mattress was the edge support. The pocketed coils + advanced edge support system helps to balance out the sinkage and hug while providing top level edge support. There was barely any difference in sinkage when sitting directly on the edge and slightly further back on the mattress.
- Exceptional cooling – between the copper infused foam and a pocketed coils, this mattress is among the best I’ve tested to date with regards to cooling. Throughout the night I never felt any heat trapping or build up between myself and the mattress.
- Good bounce / minimal motion transfer – this can typically be expected of an innerspring mattress. With that said, the Alexander hybrid goes above and beyond the norm. This mattress has a high level of bounce, making amorous bedroom activities much more enjoyable. Although there is a nice level of bounce in this mattress, there is still very little motion transfer. While moving around during the night, both my wife and I were able to sleep peacefully and not feel as if we were going to wake the other if we moved. Naturally, it’s not quite as good as you’d get with an all foam mattress, but it does strike a nice balance between motion transfer and bounce.
Per usual, if you have any questions about the Alexander hybrid mattress feel free to drop me a comment down below. I am more than happy to help!
If you feel like the Alexander hybrid mattress is the right one for you be sure to snag our promo code. Using code “SLEEPOP200” will save you $200 off of your order. This is the biggest and best promo code Nest is offering and it’s been made exclusive for Sleepopolis readers.
Be sure to check back in about a week for my full comprehensive review of the Nest Alexander hybrid mattress.