With almost a year in the books, Nest Bedding has decided to make some changes to their Alexander Signature Select mattress. I’ve been a big fan of the Alexander since it first launched. The support, comfort, and pressure relief were all among the very best I’ve experienced across a wide range of mattress reviews and tests, but especially for high density memory foam. Within the last 2 weeks Nest has completely updated their entire mattress line (including the Love Bed & Alexander Hybrid – updated reviews on those coming soon), revamping their design, improving material quality, and further enhancing overall performance.
Watch my updated unboxing of the Nest Bedding Alexander Signature Select mattress below.
My Initial Thoughts
After my first night of sleeping on the new Alexander mattress, here are my initial thoughts:
- Firmness & Feel – once again, this mattress is offered in 3 different firmness levels. The medium strikes a nice balance along the firmness scale. On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is the most firm, the revamped medium Alexander lands at a 5.5 out of 10. This is a little bit softer than the original medium Alexander, which was closer to a 6. I would expect the new soft Alexander to still be a 3-3.5 out of 10. Nest Bedding tells me the firmest model is a little bit softer than their original version, which should bring it around an 8.5 out of 10.
- Very good support – the support of this mattress is balanced from head to toe. Edge support for sitting is similar to the original Alexander, which was quite good. Edge support for lying does feel a noted volume better for sleeping vs. the original Alexander. Even lying directly on the edge the mattress does a good job of maintaining support.
- Aesthetically pleasing – although the original version of the Alexander Signature Select had a nice appeal, the updated version takes the traditional look and brings it up to speed. A more modern cover from start to finish gives the Alexander a modern aesthetic and an inviting feel.
- Great pressure relief – Nest Bedding’s thick padded cover has been a staple of their entire mattress line. The updated Alexander continues this pattern. The cover has exceptional pressure relief. The original Alexander cover to me felt more like a mini pillow top. However, the new cover feels more like an extra plush memory foam. It creates more of a pronounced hug and a better contouring around sleepers.
Check back in about a week for my full updated mattress review of the new Alexander mattress.
For more information on the updated Alexander visit NestBedding.com.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Which States Sleep The Most Uncomfortably In Summer? - June 4, 2018
- Sweeps Of Your Dreams - April 9, 2018