About a year ago when Sleepopolis was first getting started Nest Bedding was one of the first companies I was able to review. My wife and I did a sleep test on two of their Nest Easy Breather noodled foam pillows (they were and are incredible, we still sleep on them today). Needless to say, when I heard about the Nest Bedding Alexander mattress, I was pretty excited.
Nest Bedding isn’t a huge company or mega brand, but don’t let that fool you. What they lack in size they make up for in quality. As a company Nest has made it their mission to build high quality products that are equally as healthy as they are comfortable. They try to use more natural, organic, and non-toxic materials in everything they build.
Watch my unboxing of the Nest Bedding Alexander Signature Select mattress below.
My Initial Thoughts
- Medium firmness & balanced feel – has a very balanced feel and a medium firmness. Not too much, but not too little when it comes to sinkage, hug, and body contour. It’s the type of feel that most sleepers will be able to enjoy.
- Good support – very consistent and stable support in all sleeping positions. Does a good job of supporting without creating pressure points.
- Traditional cover – the cover has a very traditional look and feel. Aesthetically, the floral pattern feels a bit antiquated to me, but it is quite comfortable. It’s padded with foam to give it a soft feel. I do quite like the side panels. The stitching is very tight and well done. Overall, the cover just feels very well put together.
- Better than average edge support – most foam mattresses really struggle with edge support. The Alexander does a pretty good job though. It’s slightly above average in terms of the collapse / sinkage on the edge in sitting positions. It does a great job in a normal lying position. I slept almost the entire night directly on the edge and it held up very well.
My wife and I have been sleep testing the Alexander for a few nights now. I’ll have my comprehensive review of the Nest Bedding Alexander mattress up within the next few days.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to drop me a note down below or via my contact form. I’m happy to help!
For more information the Nest Alexander mattress visit NestBedding.com.
Latest posts by Sleepopolis Team (see all)
- Sweeps Of Your Dreams - April 9, 2018
- What Is Biphasic Sleep and How Might It Benefit You? - March 24, 2018