Finding the perfect pillow can be just as hard as finding the right mattress. The best pillows provide support to your back and neck and also helps maintain your spine’s alignment. For such an important job, why does it seem so elusive and hard to find?
The newest surge of pillows on the market seems to be adjustable foam pillows. Gone are the days of only choosing between solid foam or polyester fill. Today, we’re going to be testing the newest adjustable pillow, Coop Home Goods’ Eden pillow. Is it the best adjustable foam pillow to hit the market, or does it fall short? Keep reading to find out more.
Need quick answers? Click here to skip the details and jump right to the summary.
The Coop Home Goods Eden pillow has fill that’s made of cross-cut gel memory foam and poly fibers. The poly fibers help keep the gel memory foam from clumping.
The foam fill is CertiPUR-US, which means that it has been inspected and guaranteed not to contain any dangerous substances like mercury, formaldehyde, leads and heavy metals, ozone depleters, or other toxic materials. In addition, the Eden pillow is hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant, which can be great for allergy sufferers.
The adjustable nature of this pillow allows sleepers of all different positions to find the loft that works for them. In many cases, low loft pillows may work best for stomach sleepers, while back or side sleepers typically prefer medium or high loft.
The cover of the Eden pillow by Coop Home Goods is extremely soft and breathable. It uses a blend of bamboo (40%) and polyester (60%) to help sleepers stay cool at night. The cover is also removable with a zipper closure so individuals can machine wash and dry it. The cover is white with gray stitching in a geometric pattern and has a quilted feel to it.
Beneath the cover is another pillow casing that contains the actual foam. This makes it easy to wash and dry the cover without having pillow fill scatter. This inner casing is made of interlock fabric, which contains the fill without being heavy or thick.
There is also a 2” mesh gusset around the side of the pillow that promotes airflow for better pillow cooling and increased support. Along the seam of the gusset is the hidden zipper that opens the pillow.
Feel & Support
The Eden pillow is soft, but supportive and comfortable. The gel memory foam provided a deep amount of hug, sinkage and compression. For sleepers who prefer to float on top of pillows, this may not be the best option. In addition, this pillow has slightly slower response time than what you would get with a cotton, latex, or polyester pillow. This delay in the response is due to the memory foam, but because it’s shredded, it will likely be faster than a traditional solid core memory foam pillow.
Regarding the adjustments, I made quite a few. When sleeping on my stomach, I had to remove a considerable amount of the fill in order for it to be the correct loft. Once adjusted, though, it was breathable and supportive all through the night.
On the contrary, when sleeping on my back and side, I needed more fill, especially at the base of my neck. For sleepers who suffer from back or neck pain, adjusting the loft can be a great way to target those ‘problem areas’. For me, once I adjusted the loft, this pillow was supportive and surprisingly cool for a memory foam pillow.
The Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow comes with a high amount of loft. For most sleepers, this would be sufficient for proper support, but for sleepers looking for ulta-high loft, they also sell 1/2 lb. bags of extra fill for greater loft or density.
- Loft – Adjustable
- Fill – Cross-cut gel memory foam (CertiPUR-US certified)
- Smell – There was a slight smell for the first few days
- Care – Machine washable
- Returns – Returns within 30 days
- Manufacturing – Made in the USA
- Discounts – None available from Sleepopolis at this time
The above details are based on Amazon.com.
Coop Home Goods Pillow Comparisons
Before there was the Eden, Coop Home Goods offered only one memory foam pillow. Here is the original Coop Home Goods pillow review.
These two pillows are actually quite similar, but the changes have made for significantly better cooling. So what’s new?
The original Coop Home Goods memory foam pillow was made from shredded memory foam, but otherwise had the same cover and interior pillow casing.
The new Coop Home Goods Eden pillow uses a cross-cut memory foam and also includes a 2” mesh gusset for increased airflow, circulation, and support.
If you’re on a tight budget and not overly concerned with cooling, the standard Coop Home Goods memory foam pillow may be right for you. For sleepers looking for better cooling and support, the Eden pillow would be the better choice.
Sleepers looking for a budget-friendly, adjustable foam pillow who are also concerned with cooling may be a good fit for the Eden pillow. To fall in love with the Eden pillow, one must love memory foam, but the softness, rounded hug, and airiness of this pillow are hard to beat for a pillow of this style.
I would recommend the Coop Home Goods Eden pillow to sleepers who:
- Want an adjustable foam pillow – Sleepers who are struggling to find the perfect amount of loft may benefit from an adjustable pillow. The Eden pillow allows for easy adjustments by simply unzipping the cover to add or remove as much fill as necessary. Coop Home Goods also sells additional packs of foam for extra loft (if needed).
- Want a memory foam pillow – The Eden pillow is a traditional memory foam in the sense that it is viscoelastic and designed to hug and contour the head and neck with a slower response time. The gel memory foam doesn’t change many of the properties of memory foam, in my opinion, but it is much cooler.
- Want good cooling – There are quite a few design factors that enhance the cooling on the Eden Pillow. The bamboo and polyester cover is soft and breathable. The 2” mesh gusset on the sides also allows for more air circulation. And the gel cross-cut memory foam fill helps resist heat retention during sleep.
- Want a hypoallergenic solution – The Eden pillow is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
For more information on the Eden pillow check it out on Amazon.com.