Nectar is the brand behind some of our favorite memory foam mattresses here at Sleepopolis. But when it comes to memory foam, Nectar isn’t just limited to mattresses (although they make some great ones — see our Nectar mattress review.)
In this review, I’ll be deep diving on another one of their memory foam sleep products, the Nectar Graphite pillow. I personally tested this pillow and I’ll be going over what it’s made of, how it feels, and who it’s best suited for, so keep on reading to find out if this is the best pillow for you.
Short on time? Skip to the end for a Nectar pillow review summary.
Is the Nectar Graphite a Good Pillow for You?
Every sleeper has different wants and needs, so let’s go over who the Nectar Graphite pillow is a top pick for.
Who should try the Nectar Graphite pillow
- Hot sleepers will appreciate how this pillow feels cool to the touch.
- Back sleepers should be comfortable and find proper spinal alignment on the Nectar Graphite.
- Side sleepers will also likely sleep comfortably on this pillow, as it provides good neck support.
Who should not try the Nectar Graphite pillow
- I wouldn’t recommend this pillow to stomach sleepers. I think it’s too firm and lofty and could cause their necks to crane upwards.
- If you’re looking for an adjustable pillow, this one might not be the best pick. Although the Nectar Graphite is made with shredded foam (which many adjustable pillows are made with), it is not adjustable. See our best adjustable pillows and best memory foam pillows for more adjustable fill options.
- Shoppers looking for an entirely machine washable pillow may want to look elsewhere, as only the cover of this pillow is machine washable.
What Does the Nectar Graphite Pillow Feel Like?
I personally tested the Nectar Graphite pillow to get a sense of how it feels, but keep in mind that feel is subjective, so you might have a different experience than I did.
Nectar Graphite Pillow Firmness
When it comes to firmness, I generally rank a pillow as either soft, medium, or firm. Each firmness level is best for a different sleeping position: soft for stomach sleepers, medium for back sleepers, and firm for side sleepers.
I thought the Nectar Graphite pillow had a medium feel. Laying on it, I could feel my head and neck sink in a bit for some contouring and the shredded foam molded around me, but I still felt overall quite supported and uplifted.
Nectar Graphite Pillow Loft
Similar to firmness, pillows can also be categorized by loft, or height. I categorize pillows as either low, medium, or high loft and each loft is best for a different sleeping position. Low is best for stomach sleepers, medium for back sleepers, and high for side sleepers.
At five inches tall, the Nectar Graphite pillow has a medium loft.
Now let’s go over my experience with this pillow in different sleeping positions.
Side — I found the Nectar Graphite pillow to be quite comfortable for side sleeping. While it doesn’t perfectly fit the bill for a side sleeper pillow (it has a medium loft and medium firmness), I still found it to be tall and supportive enough for me to be comfortable on my side. However, I would say if you have broad shoulders, are significantly taller than me (I’m about 5’ 5”), or have had issues with neck pain, you might want a taller, firmer pillow.
Back — This was the best sleeping position on the Nectar Graphite pillow, in my opinion. The medium loft and firmness are just right for back sleeping. I felt my neck was properly aligned, not dipping down or craning too high upwards.
Stomach — I did not find this position comfortable. I found the Nectar Graphite too lofty and too firm to keep my neck aligned while on my stomach. I would recommend a much softer, lower loft pillow. See our best stomach sleeper pillows for better options.
Under the Arm — I found laying with the Nectar Graphite under my arm to be quite comfortable. The shredded foam makes it quite moldable and easy to hug, while the cooling cover prevents you from overheating.
Between the Legs — I think this pillow is a bit too lofty for most people to sleep comfortably with it between their legs. While it does offer some nice pressure relief, it could put your hips out of alignment and cause pain down the road.
What is the Nectar Graphite Pillow Made Of?
Cover: The cover of the Nectar Graphite pillow is made with Cool Tech Fabric, a blend of 64 percent polyester and 36 percent polyethylene, with graphite. The gusset of the cover is also made from Cool Tech Fabric, in a blend of 55 percent polyethylene and 45 percent polyester. Polyethylene maintains a cool temperature and the graphite draws heat away from you. Additionally, the graphite infusions in the cover are antimicrobial.
Fill: The fill of the pillow is shredded memory foam and microfiber polyester filling, encased in a microfiber shell.
This pillow is available in a standard and king size. I tested the standard size for this review.
Is the Nectar Graphite Pillow Good for Hot Sleepers?
One of the main selling points of this pillow is its cooling features, so I was happy to find it was quite cool. The cover definitely has a cool-to-the-touch feel, which I think is primarily thanks to the polyethylene in the cover. I’ve tried many products that use polyethylene and they all have a very noticeable cool-to-the-touch feel.
This pillow also has graphite infusions in the cover, which is a common material for cooling. Nectar says this graphite is moisture-wicking and dissipates heat. Plus, the fact that the fill in this pillow is shredded will allow for air to flow within the pillow, preventing hot air from being trapped.
Want to see more cooling pillow options? See our best cooling pillows.
Nectar Graphite Pillow Sizes and Prices
Are you thinking the Nectar Graphite could be the new pillow for you, but wondering how much it costs? Here’s a breakdown of the prices, by size.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size. Click one of the coupons throughout this article to get the best price!
|Standard||26″ x 17.3″ x 5″||$105|
|King||33.5″ x 17.3″ x 5″||$110|
I think the Nectar Graphite pillow is a solid choice for back sleepers, side sleepers, and hot sleepers. The shredded foam fill provides a comfortable cradling feel that provides the right amount of support for back sleepers and most side sleepers. Additionally, the shredded fill allows you to fluff and mold this pillow to get it just right for you.
The pillow cover is genuinely cold to the touch, a major pro for hot sleepers. It has a lot of features to keep the pillow sleeping nice and cool, including graphite infusions, a polyethylene cover, and breathable shredded fill that allows for airflow.
I also appreciate that the cover of the pillow is machine washable. However, it should be noted that the fill of the pillow is spot-clean only. I also quite like the shape of this pillow, which is more like a rectangular prism than a wide, ballooning shape. Personally, I find this style of pillow to be very comfortable.
However, the Nectar Graphite isn’t a pillow I’d recommend to stomach sleepers, as it will cause their necks to crane upwards.
Nectar Graphite Pillow Policies and FAQs
How does the Nectar Graphite pillow ship?
Nectar ships for free within the contiguous United States. They’ll also ship to Alaska and Hawaii for an additional $150 per large item ordered.
Does the Nectar Graphite pillow come with a sleep trial?
This pillow comes with a 50-night sleep trial period, which means you can test the pillow out at home for 50 nights. If you decide it’s not a good fit, you can return the pillow within that trial period for a full refund. Visit nectarsleep.com to see the full return policy.
Does the Nectar Graphite pillow come with a warranty?
Nectar offers a 5-year warranty with this Graphite pillow.
Is the Nectar Graphite pillow machine washable?
The cover of the Nectar Graphite pillow is machine washable. Wash in cold water and tumble dry. The inner pillow is not machine washable. Spot clean with mild soap and water and allow the pillow to air dry.
Does the Nectar Graphite pillow need a pillowcase?
Since you can wash the cover of the pillow, you don’t technically need a pillowcase, but I would still recommend using one to ensure that your pillow stays as clean as possible. However, if you want the fullest effect of the cooling cover, you may want to forego a pillowcase on this pillow. See our best cooling sheets for a cooling pillowcase option.
Are these the free pillows that come with the Nectar mattress?
Nectar often offers a sleep bundle of accessories with the purchase of a new mattress, including a pillow, sheet set, and mattress protector. However, this is not the pillow included in that bundle — it’s the Resident pillow, which has a pillow-in-pillow design and a quilted foam shell.
Nectar Graphite Pillow Vs
Now let’s compare the Nectar Graphite pillow to some other cooling pillows.
Nectar Graphite Pillow vs TEMPUR-Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow
- The TEMPUR-Breeze Dual Cooling pillow is a memory foam pillow from Tempur-Pedic with cooling gel pads on either side of the pillow. Similar to the Nectar Graphite, this pillow feels cool to the touch.
- This pillow provides a classic memory foam feel, letting you sink in deeply for contouring around the head and neck.
- I found this pillow to be comfortable for both back and side sleeping.
- Want to learn more about this Tempur-Pedic pillow? Read my full TEMPUR-Breeze Dual Cooling pillow review.
This memory foam pillow features TEMPUR-Breeze cooling gel on each side.
Nectar Graphite Pillow vs Saatva Latex Pillow
- The Saatva Latex pillow has a pillow-with-a-pillow design. Essentially, the outer pillow is filled with down alternative fiber and the inner pillow is filled with shredded latex. This gives the pillow a uniquely fluffy, down-like feel but with sturdy support.
- This pillow is very high quality and has a luxurious, hotel-pillow feel.
- Latex is a naturally cool material, making it a great choice for hot sleepers. However, the Saatva Latex doesn’t feel as cool to the touch as the Nectar Graphite pillow does, since the latex is contained by the outer pillow.
- Need to know more? Read my full Saatva Latex pillow review.
A fluffable mix of down-alternative and Talalay latex makes this pillow cozy, cool, and great for combo sleepers!
Nectar Graphite Pillow vs Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow
- The Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling pillow is made with a cotton-polyester blend cover and filled with open-cell memory foam, with a copper-graphite infusion for extra cooling.
- The foam used in this pillow has a feel very similar to latex, so it may be a good option for sleepers who like the responsiveness and bounciness usually associated with latex foam.
- This pillow is available in both a high and low loft version, making it versatile for different sleeping positions. It’s also available in both a queen size and king size.
- Want to learn more? Read our full Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling pillow review.
Hot sleepers that are tired of flipping the pillow looking for the cool side will love the Brooklyn Luxury Cooling Pillow!
Other Products from Nectar
- Nectar mattress
- Nectar Premier mattress
- Nectar Premier Copper mattress
- Nectar memory foam pillow
- Nectar adjustable base
Finally, here are my star ratings for the Nectar Graphite pillow.