You know that feeling when you’re lying in bed, and you keep flipping your pillow to sleep on the “cool side?” Well, what if I told you that some pillows are designed to stay icy-cool all night long, with no flipping required?
In this review, we’re getting up close and personal with one such accessory: the Luxury Cooling pillow from Brooklyn Bedding. This memory foam pillow comes in queen and king size, and both low and high loft. No matter which you choose, you’ll be getting all the cooling tech you could dream of.
But is this pillow actually comfortable? I tested it to find out! Learn my thoughts in my full Luxury Cooling pillow review, or skip down to my review summary for the nuts and bolts.
N.B I tested the Luxury Cooling pillow in a queen size and high loft.
Is Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow a Good Pillow for You?
Whether or not this pillow will work for you is going to depend on a few factors, like your preferred sleeping position and feel preference. Take a look at who I think will and will not like this pillow.
Who should try the Luxury Cooling pillow
- First thing’s first: these pillows are cool as can be. If you’re a hot sleeper, take comfort in the fact that the materials in this pillow are designed to keep you cool, from a cool-to-the-touch cover to ventilated memory foam.
- Back, stomach, and side sleepers should all try the Luxury Cooling pillow. It comes in a high loft and low loft. The high profile pillow is better suited to side sleepers, or back sleepers who like a lofty build. Meanwhile, the low profile pillow is ideal for stomach sleeping.
- Anyone who doesn’t like to sink deeply into their pillow. While these pillows are made from memory foam, they behave a bit like latex. So, sleepers who prefer a bouncy feel and quick response to pressure might be most compatible with these pillows.
Who should not try the Luxury Cooling pillow
- Sleepers after a classic memory foam feel. For some sleepers, a slow, deep sink into the material is the basis of appeal when it comes to memory foam. So just remember: this pillow does not offer a classic memory foam feel. It’s got a quick response to pressure, and lets you rest on top of the pillow rather than deeply nestle into it.
- Those after a fully washable pillow. While it’s great that the pillow has a machine washable cover, the foam inside is spot clean only. Even then, you should only wash it with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Basically, do your very best to keep the foam from getting wet, or it could damage the material.
- Budget-conscious shoppers. This pillow is on the pricier side. Brooklyn Bedding does offer a 30-day return policy wherein you can send the pillow back for a refund within that time frame, but there are some more affordable options on the market.
What Does the Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow Feel Like?
The first thing I noticed about this pillow (aside from how cool the cover fabric feels) is that the memory foam feels a bit like latex. As is often the case with memory foam, this pillow does conform tightly to pressure, and cradles my head and neck in a very cozy way. However, it offers a very quick response to pressure, which is typically more of a latex thing!
Now, if you’ve ever slept on a latex pillow, you know they tend to provide a lighter, more buoyant kind of support as compared to memory foam. And in my opinion, this Brooklyn Bedding pillow seems to blend both latex and memory foam traits. So, if you enjoy the pressure relief of memory foam, but don’t enjoy the deep, slow sink it often provides, then this pillow might be right up your alley.
Luxury Cooling Pillow Firmness
Your preferred sleeping position is going to affect what firmness level is best for you. That’s because each sleep position needs a pillow that will cradle the neck and promote a straight alignment with the rest of the spine. Side sleepers need a firmer pillow to keep their head from sinking below their shoulders, back sleepers need a medium-firm pillow, and stomach sleepers do best on a soft pillow that will provide enough sink to prevent their neck from craning upwards.
The Luxury Cooling Pillow has a true medium-firm feel. This buoyant memory foam pillow provides some nice contouring, but you won’t find yourself sinking too deeply into it. I personally found it to be most comfortable on my back, but I think back and side combination sleepers could be really happy with how easy it is to move around on this pillow. I think some stomach sleepers, particularly those with neck pain, might find this pillow a touch too firm, but it really does depend on preference!
Luxury Cooling Pillow Loft
As I said, Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling pillows come in two options: high profile and low profile. These terms refer to the pillows’ loft (or height), and the high profile pillow has a loft of 5 inches, and the low profile pillow’s loft is slightly under 4 inches. So, why make two identical pillows with different lofts?
Well, when it comes to picking the right pillow for your preferred position, height matters. In order to keep healthy posture, side sleepers typically need a pillow with higher loft, stomach sleepers need a pillow with lower loft, and back sleepers can kind of float in between. Sure enough, in my experience testing these pillows, it was clear that the high profile pillow was intended for side sleepers, and the low profile was made for stomach sleepers.
Again, I tested this pillow in a high loft.
Side — I felt comfortable in this position! I felt that the pillow cradled my head nicely and kept it in line with my shoulders. However, I will say that if I suffered from neck pain, I think I might want a slightly higher loft pillow for side sleeping.
Back — This was the most enjoyable position. I felt the pillow conforming around my neck and head, providing me with just enough lift. I think all back sleepers would really like this pillow.
Stomach — This position was not comfortable, but I was testing the higher loft version of this pillow. I’d recommend stomach sleepers opt for the low loft version.
Under the Arm — I wasn’t a fan of this position. Personally, I like to have a moldable pillow under my arm. This pillow is made from a solid block of foam, which isn’t very squeezable.
Between the Legs — It felt awkward putting this pillow between my legs. I like to have something much fluffier that will conform around my knees, but this pillow held its solid shape.
What is the Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow Made Of?
Before we get into the specifics of what Brooklyn Bedding’s Luxury Cooling pillow is made of, I want to note that both the low and high profile options are made from the exact same materials.
Pillow Cover- The pillow has a knit cover made from a cotton-polyester blend, which makes it feel soft, strong, and breathable. Polyester is a naturally moisture-wicking material, so folks prone to night sweats might particularly benefit from its absorbent properties.
There’s a zipper on one side of the pillow’s cover so you may easily remove it when it’s time to be washed. The cover is machine-washable.
Fill – Inside the cover fabric is one piece of open-cell memory foam. Now, this ventilation (which basically looks like dozens of little holes) allows for better breathability, and serves to keep the foam from trapping your body heat. Some of you may already know this, but memory foam has a reputation for retaining body heat, and warming up throughout the night. The foam is made with a copper-graphite infusion. Both graphite and copper serve to draw heat away from the body, making for an extra cool sleep experience. Additionally, copper is known for its antimicrobial properties which helps keep dust mites and other allergens at bay.
These materials are hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant, and mold resistant.
Is the Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow Good for Hot Sleepers?
In case you haven’t guessed, yes I think this pillow is fantastic for hot sleepers! It has some of the most cooling technology I’ve seen in a single pillow. I spent hours laying on this pillow and not once did I feel myself overheating.
Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow Sizes and Prices
Before you go ahead and buy a new pillow, you’ll want to take a look at the price! Take a look at our pricing chart below and be sure to click one of the coupons on this page for the latest discount!
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
|Queen Low||20" x 30" x 4"||$129|
|Queen High||20" x 30" x 5"||$129|
|King Low||26" x 30" x 4"||$149|
|King High||26" x 30" x 5"||$149|
Overall, I think this is one of the best pillows for hot sleepers who prefer a quick response to pressure will be most compatible with this pillow. But remember: the high profile is best for back/side sleepers, and the low profile is best for back/stomach!
Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow Policies and FAQs
How does the Luxury Cooling pillow ship?
Brooklyn Bedding offers free shipping for this pillow.
Does the Luxury Cooling pillow come with a trial period?
Yes, Brooklyn Bedding offers a 30-night sleep trial.
Does the Luxury Cooling pillow come with a warranty?
Yes, it comes with a 3-year warranty.
Is the Luxury Cooling pillow machine washable?
The cover of the pillow is machine washable, but this inner foam pillow is spot-clean only.
Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow Vs
Not quite sure if the Luxury Cooling pillow is right for you? Take a look at how it compares to a similar pillow from one of its competitors: Casper.
Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling Pillow vs Casper Foam Pillow
- Like the Brooklyn Bedding pillow, the Casper Foam pillow has a solid, balanced foam feel.
- Both pillows are made with ventilated foam which makes them nice options for hot sleepers.
- The Casper pillow is cheaper than the Brooklyn Bedding pillow.
- Learn more in my full Casper Foam pillow review.
Other Products from Brooklyn Bedding
In addition to pillows, Brooklyn Bedding makes a number of mattresses and sleep accessories, which you can find reviews of below. You can also head to Brooklynbedding.com to see even more bedding products.
- Brooklyn Bedding Aurora mattress review
- Brooklyn Signature mattress review
- Brooklyn Bedding Bowery mattress review
- Brooklyn Bedding Sedona mattress review
- Brooklyn Bedding Spartan mattress review
- Brooklyn Bedding weighted blanket review
- Brooklyn Bedding sheets review
- Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow review
Take a look at how the Luxury Cooling pillow performed on our star chart below.