If you’re on the hunt for a supportive pillow, then you’ll want to take a look at Casper’s Foam pillow. Casper is already well-known for its supportive mattresses, but recently the brand has taken the same technology and used it to create pressure-relieving pillows, like the Casper Foam pillow.
I tested out the Casper Foam pillow myself, assessing it for qualities like firmness, loft, cooling, and more. These tests showed me which sleepers this pillow will work great for, and which sleepers might want to look elsewhere.
Keep reading for my full review of the Casper Foam pillow, or skip down to my review summary for the quick hits.
N.B: I tested the mid-loft standard size model of this pillow.
Is the Casper Foam Pillow a Good Pillow for You?
Before you start shopping, here are a few highlights and lowlights on this pillow. They’ll help you decide if you should continue researching this pillow, or if you should check out our best pillows guide instead.
Who should try the Casper Foam pillow
- I think side sleepers will do great on the Casper Foam pillow. It has a firm feel and medium loft that should provide them the right amount of support.
- Back sleepers should also be quite happy on this pillow — it’ll conform nicely around the neck and head. Be sure to take a look at our full list of the best pillows for back sleepers.
- Sleepers with neck pain should consider this pillow. It was designed to keep your head and neck neutrally aligned.
- Hot sleepers should get a good night’s rest on this pillow. It is made with Casper’s proprietary AirScape foam, which feels like memory foam, but is much more breathable.
Who should not try the Casper Foam pillow
- Stomach sleepers will likely find this pillow too firm for their needs. I’d recommend they check out our best pillows for stomach sleepers roundup.
- Sleepers who like a moldable pillow. This pillow is made from a solid block of foam. If you like to move the fill around in your pillow, I’d recommend checking out one of our best down pillows.
- Sleepers who want a pillow that is fully washable. Only the cover of this pillow is machine-washable.
What Does the Casper Foam Pillow Feel Like?
Now that you have an idea of whether or not this pillow will work for you, I’d like to share my thoughts on how it feels. Keep in mind that feel is subjective, and my opinion could well differ from your own.
Casper Foam Pillow Firmness
Before I describe the Casper Foam pillow’s firmness, it’s important to note that certain firmness levels work for different sleepers. In general, side sleepers need a firm pillow, back sleepers need a medium-firm pillow, and stomach sleepers need a soft pillow. These firmness levels are ideal for each sleeping position because they promote a neutral alignment of the neck and spine.
More: Check out our roundup of the best memory foam pillows!
The Casper Foam pillow has a firm feel. This pillow is made from a solid block of AirScape foam, which feels a bit like memory foam. This pillow will contour around your head and neck, but you won’t sink deeply into it. The main feeling here is one of support. I like this firmness level best for side sleepers and back sleepers, who need a firmer feel to help keep their heads and necks aligned.
Casper Foam Pillow Loft
Much like firmness, certain sleep positions do best with particular lofts. In general, side sleepers need a high loft (5 inches or higher), back sleepers need a medium loft (3 to 5 inches), and stomach sleepers need a low loft (3 inches or lower). Take a look at how this pillow felt for me in a range of positions.
The Casper Foam pillow comes in a mid-loft and low-loft version and a standard size and king size. I tested the standard size mid-loft version, which has a 2-inch gusset (which is about a 4 inch loft).
Side — I really liked side sleeping on this pillow! I enjoyed how the pillow supported my neck and kept it in line with my neck and spine.
Back — I was also quite comfortable while laying on my back using this pillow. The mid-loft was a great height to keep my neck neutrally aligned.
Stomach — I did not like stomach sleeping on this pillow. I think this pillow is too firm for stomach sleepers.
Under the Arm — I didn’t like the way this pillow felt under my arm. I often enjoy the feel of a down or down alternative pillow under the arm, since they are squishable; this foam pillow kind of felt like I was hugging a block.
Between the Legs — I also didn’t like the way this pillow felt between my legs. It kept its shape well, which in my opinion is great for its use as a head pillow, but between the legs it just felt awkward.
What is the Casper Foam Pillow Made Of?
This Casper pillow is made from the brand’s proprietary AirScape foam. Let’s take a closer look at the pillow design.
Pillow Cover- The outer layer of this pillow is made from a blend of 88% polyester and 12% spandex. This outer cover is removable.
Pillow Liner- The foam is lined with another layer of fabric made from a blend of 90% polyester and 10% spandex
Pillow Fill – The inside of the pillow is made from three layers of foam that are made from 77% polyurethane foam and 23% viscoelastic polyurethane foam. Casper calls this foam AirScape foam, and it feels very similar to a memory foam pillow.
These materials are high-quality and hypoallergenic.
Is the Casper Foam Pillow Good for Hot Sleepers?
Overall, I’d say the Casper Foam pillow is pretty good for hot sleepers. The polyester cover and AirScape foam work together to prevent overheating by allowing a decent amount of airflow. If you’d like to see more cooling pillows I’d recommend checking out our best cooling pillows roundup.
Casper Foam Pillow Sizes and Prices
The Casper Foam pillow comes in a standard size and king size, and a mid and low loft. Take a look at the pricing chart for these pillows below.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
|Standard Low Loft
|16" x 24" 1.25" gusset
|Standard Mid Loft
|16" x 24" 2" gusset
|King Low Loft
|16" x 32" 1.25" gusset
|King Mid Loft
|16" x 32" 2" gusset
I think this pillow is a great choice for sleepers who have been after a supportive pillow, but just can’t seem to find one that’s firm enough. This pillow is designed to keep your head and neck aligned, and I’d comfortably say it gets the job done. Beyond great pressure relief, this pillow also sleeps pretty cool, thanks to its breathable foam layer. It also maintains its shape well, so you won’t need to worry about fluffing it. The one group I’d steer to another pillow is stomach sleepers — they’ll get a better night’s sleep on a much softer pillow.
Casper Foam Pillow Vs
It can be helpful to see how a pillow stacks up to others on the market. Below, I’ll compare it to the Memory Foam GhostPillow.
Casper Foam Pillow vs Memory Foam GhostPillow
- Both pillows have a similar firm feel and are made from a solid block of foam, but the GhostPillow is made with a lot more cooling technology.
- The Memory Foam GhostPillow sleeps cooler than the Casper pillow.
- The GhostPillow comes in a single size and loft and is cheaper than the Casper pillow.
- Learn more in my full Memory Foam GhostPillow review.
Other Products from Casper
Wondering what else Casper has to offer? The brand sells bed-in-a-box mattresses, the Original Casper pillow, and a bunch of other sleep products. Take a look below.
- Casper mattress review
- Casper Hybrid mattress review
- Casper Wave Hybrid mattress review
- Casper Nova Hybrid mattress review
- Casper sheets review
- Casper linen sheets review
- Casper pillow review
Check out how the Casper Foam pillow performed on our star rating chart!