We’ve reviewed tons of Brooklyn Bedding mattresses here at Sleepopolis — and they consistently make our roundups of best mattresses — but this sleep brand can’t be contained to just mattresses. They make lots of other sleep accessories, such as sheets, blankets, mattress protectors, and…pillows!
Which brings us to today’s topic: the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow. I personally tested this pillow out, so I’m going to go over what it’s made of, how it feels, and who it’s best for.
Short on time? Skip to the end for my review summary.
Is the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex a Good Pillow for You?
Everyone has different needs from their pillows, depending on sleep position, temperature, and body size. Plus, there’s a lot of room for personal preference. So, let’s go over who the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow is best suited for.
Who should try the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow
- Every sleeping position can sleep comfortably on this pillow. With two different loft options and soft, supportive latex foam, this Brooklyn Bedding pillow is quite versatile.
- Hot sleepers will also likely enjoy the cooling effects of this pillow’s Talalay latex core. The perforations in the core and breathable cotton cover also help to promote airflow.
- Those who value easy cleaning will also appreciate that this pillow has a machine washable cover.
Who should not try the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow
- If you love a moldable pillow, you may not like the solid latex core of this pillow. It’s not very malleable and reforms to its shape quickly.
- Similarly, if you want the slow-sinking feel of memory foam, the bouncy and responsive feel of the latex foam may not jive with you.
- And while this pillow can work for all sleeping positions, I would caution side sleepers with larger frames or very broad shoulders — or those who prefer a very high loft pillow — that the high loft version of the Talalay Latex pillow may not be quite high enough.
What Does the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Feel Like?
I tested this pillow out by sleeping on it for a few nights to get a good sense of the feel, but keep in mind that feel is subjective, so you might have a different experience than me.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Firmness
When considering a pillow’s firmness, it’s good to keep in mind that each sleeping position does best with a different firmness level. For side sleepers, I recommend a firmer feel, for back sleepers a medium feel, and for stomach sleepers, a soft feel. However, these are general guidelines for ensuring spinal alignment, not hard and fast rules.
Overall, I thought the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow had a medium firmness. The feel is very classic “latex pillow” to me: it’s bouncy, responsive, and supportive, but it still has enough give that it allows your head and neck to sink in and get some cozy contouring.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Loft
Just like firmness, each sleeping position generally gets the best spinal alignment with a certain loft. Loft refers to the height of the pillow, and it’s important to choose a loft that will keep your neck in line with the rest of your spine — not craning upwards or sinking down. Side sleepers are generally better off with a higher loft, back sleepers with a medium loft, and stomach sleepers with a lower loft.
The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow comes in two loft options: low and high.
With the firmness and loft in mind, let’s go over my experience with the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay pillow in different sleeping positions.
Side — I found the Talalay Latex pillow to be quite comfortable for sleeping on my side. While it doesn’t have a super firm feel, the latex is supportive enough to keep your head and neck in line with your spine. I would definitely recommend the high loft version to ensure spinal alignment. However, I will say that if you have a larger frame or very broad shoulders, it may not be quite high enough for you, as it’s not a super lofty pillow. (Take a look at the Nolah Squishy if you want a very lofty pillow.)
Back — The Talalay Latex pillow also worked well for back sleeping. The medium firmness — offering both support and some contouring — is perfect for back sleepers. I tested the high loft version and found it comfortable, but I think the low loft version could work as well, depending on personal preference.
Stomach — While it’s not as soft as I would usually choose for a stomach sleeping pillow, I found the Talalay Latex pillow to work quite well for sleeping on my stomach. The foam compresses enough underneath your head to prevent your neck from craning upwards. However, I would definitely advise stomach sleepers to choose the low loft version to ensure spinal alignment and prevent neck pain.
Under the Arm — I think the Talalay Latex pillow is a good pillow for sleeping with under the arm. It’s soft enough to be huggable but still maintains its shape well.
Between the Legs — I also think the Talalay Latex pillow could work well for sleeping with between the legs, as the latex foam will be supportive but allow for contouring around your legs. But I would opt for the low loft version to ensure your hips stay aligned.
What is the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Made Of?
Spoiler alert, it’s made of Talalay latex! Note: the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow is available in a queen size and a king size — I tested the queen size.
Cover: The cover of the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex is made of organic cotton. Cotton is not only soft, but also breathable, which allows for air to circulate in the pillow. This organic cotton cover is removable and machine washable.
Core: This pillow has (as the name suggests) a Talalay latex core. Latex foam is made from the sap of rubber trees, which is why it’s often chosen for bedding with natural materials. The term “Talalay” refers to a specific kind of latex foam production that creates a softer and lighter foam with a more consistent cell-structure than other types of latex. See our Dunlop vs Talalay Latex breakdown to learn more about different latex types.
The materials used in this pillow are hypoallergenic, making it a good choice for those with allergies or asthma.
Is the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Good for Hot Sleepers?
The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow is a great choice for hot sleepers. Latex is one of the best cooling materials in mattresses and bedding, as it naturally maintains a cooler temperature.
The latex core of the Brooklyn Bedding pillow is perforated, which allows for additional airflow throughout the core. That helps to prevent hot air from being trapped in the pillow. The organic cotton cover also promotes that airflow, because cotton is a very breathable material.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Sizes and Prices
Curious how much this pillow costs? Here are the prices, broken down by size. All prices are listed before discounts. Be sure to use our Brooklyn Bedding coupon code to get the best price.
All in all, I think the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow is a really nice pillow. It’s simple and to the point, without much in the way of bells and whistles, but a great pillow doesn’t need to be complicated.
I’m a big fan of latex pillows in general because I love how latex allows for both support and pressure relief. It’s also a great material because it’s so cooling, which is good news for hot sleepers. And this latex pillow from Brooklyn Bedding has all those qualities that I like about latex. I was also really pleased with how well this pillow works for every sleeping position, especially because it comes in two different loft options.
Since this pillow is so versatile, I think it’ll work for just about anyone. So, I would only recommend against it based on personal preference for feel. If you love a moldable, malleable pillow or the super slow sinking feel of memory foam, latex may not be the best fit for you.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Policies and FAQs
How does the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow ship?
The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow ships for free within the continental USA. Brooklyn Bedding will ship to Hawaii and Alaska for an additional shipping fee, as well as to Canada.
Does the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow come with a sleep trial?
Yep, the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow comes with a 30-night trial period. That means you can test it out at home for 30 nights and if it’s not a good fit, you can return it for a full refund within that trial period.
Does the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow come with a warranty?
Yes, Brooklyn Bedding offers a 3-year warranty on this pillow.
Is the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow machine washable?
Only the cover of this pillow is machine washable. The core can only be spot cleaned.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow Vs
Let’s compare the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow to some other pillows on the market.
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow vs Saatva Latex Pillow
- The Saatva Latex pillow is also made with latex filling, but instead of a solid block of latex foam inside, it uses shredded Talalay latex. This shredded foam fill gives the Saatva Latex pillow a fluffier feel than the Brooklyn Bedding pillow.
- Like the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow, the Saatva Latex also has an organic cotton cover, which allows for airflow.
- Another similarity: the Saatva Latex pillow works for every sleeping position too!
- Want to learn more? Read our full Saatva pillow review.
A fluffable mix of down-alternative and Talalay latex makes this pillow cozy, cool, and great for combo sleepers!
Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow vs Puffy Pillow
- The Puffy pillow is also a shredded foam pillow, like the Saatva, but uses shredded memory foam instead of latex. The Puffy pillow’s shredded memory foam is very compact, giving the pillow a firm feel.
- Additionally, the Puffy is adjustable. You can unzip the pillow and remove some of the foam fill to lower the loft to your desired height. This makes the pillow versatile enough to work for every sleeping position.
- However, many people prefer natural latex to memory foam, for the feel or because it is considered a more eco-friendly material. If you’re looking for a natural pillow option, the Puffy may not be the best pillow for you.
- Curious about this pillow? Read the full Puffy pillow review here on Sleepopolis.
The Puffy Pillow is a great choice for sleepers looking for a pillow with customizable comfort, targeted support, and allergy-friendly properties.
Other Products from Brooklyn Bedding
- Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Cotton sheets
- Brooklyn Bedding Tencel Sateen sheets
- Brooklyn Bedding Luxury Cooling pillow
- Brooklyn Bedding weighted blanket
- Brooklyn Bedding Titan mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Titan Luxe Hybrid mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Spartan mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Bloom mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Aurora mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Sedona mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding EcoSleep mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding EcoSleep Luxe mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Plank mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Propel mattress
Finally, here are my star ratings for the Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex pillow.