Are you on the hunt for a new humidifier for your bedroom? If a simple, to-the-point humidifier is what you’re after, the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier could be a good option for you.
I personally tested the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier and in this review, I’ll go over how to use it, some key features, and my thoughts on who it’s best for. Keep on reading to find out if this is the best humidifier for you. Or you can always skip ahead for a review summary.
Is the AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier Right For You?
Before we dive into the details, let’s go over who the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier is well-suited for.
Who Should Try the AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier
- If you have a smaller bedroom, the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier is a good choice for you, as it is small in size and has a 2.2-liter tank.
- If you want to control the direction of the mist, you will appreciate the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier has a 360-degree directional mist outlet.
- If you want a humidifier with multiple mist settings, you should like this humidifier’s variable control knob that allows you to raise or lower the mist output.
Who Shouldn’t Try the AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier
- If you have a large room or want to humidify your whole house, this humidifier probably isn’t large enough.
- If you want a humidifier that doubles as a diffuser, this humidifier is not a good choice for you, as it is not compatible with essential oils.
- If you want a humidifier with dishwasher-safe components, this won’t be a good match for you, as none of the pieces can be washed in a dishwasher.
Key Features of the AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier
Let’s start off by taking a closer look at the key features of the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier.
The AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier has a 2.2-liter tank, with a carrying handle on the top and a 360-degree rotating nozzle, which allows you to control the direction of the mist. The mist nozzle also has a narrow, funneled shape which emits the mist in a more concentrated flow than other humidifiers.
On the underside of the water tank is the tank cap, which unscrews to allow you to fill the tank up. The tank rests on top of the base, which has a variable control knob to turn the humidifier on and choose your desired mist level.
The AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier has an auto-shut off feature, so the humidifier will automatically turn off when the tank runs out of water. It has a run time of 24 hours when the tank is full.
Additionally, this humidifier comes with a cleaning brush.
How To Use The AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier
Before setting up the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier, be sure to read through the instruction manual and safety information provided to ensure you are fully prepared.
Setting up the AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier
- Place the humidifier on a firm, flat, and level surface.
- Remove the water tank from the base and unscrew the tank cap to fill the tank with water.
- Screw the tank cap back on and wipe away any excess water drops on the tank.
- Replace the tank onto the base.
- Plug in the humidifier and turn the control knob to turn the humidifier on.
- You can adjust the humidity level by dialing the knob and you can adjust the direction of the mist output by turning the mist outlet.
Cleaning the AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier
Cleaning is an essential part of owning any humidifier. It’s important to keep your humidifier clean from bacteria and mold to maintain air quality and to clear out mineral buildup to ensure the humidifier can work properly.
Here’s the recommended cleaning process for the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier.
AquaOasis recommends cleaning the water tank every two to three weeks:
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Unscrew the water tank cover and wipe off any scale that has formed.
- Rinse with water and air dry.
- Remove the nozzle from the tank, rinse with water, and air dry.
They recommend cleaning the base once per week:
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Wipe away any scale that has developed with a damp, soft cloth and rinse with water.
AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier Price
Wondering how much this humidifier costs? You can buy the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier for $49.97 on Amazon. Humidifiers can range widely in price, from as low as $20 to the hundreds, so overall I would say this is a good price.
I think the AquaOasis is a great humidifier for anyone looking for a simple humidifier without too many bells and whistles. It has a few useful features — like the automatic shut-off, directional mist nozzle, and variable control knob for multiple mist settings — but primarily sticks to the basics. The AquaOasis is also a small humidifier, making it a good choice for sleepers with small rooms.
The AquaOasis humidifier’s whisper-quiet operation is also a bonus for use in bedrooms, as it won’t disrupt the sleep of light sleepers who are easily disturbed by noise.
However, if you are looking for a humidifier that can double as a diffuser, that has a nightlight, or any other special features, the AquaOasis might not be the best humidifier for you.
AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier Policies and FAQs
How does the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier ship?
The AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier is eligible for free shipping on Amazon.
Does the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier come with a warranty?
Yes, the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier comes with a lifetime warranty. You have to register your humidifier on the AquaOasis website with your Amazon order ID to activate the warranty.
Can I return the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier?
Yes, the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier is eligible for 30 day returns on Amazon.
Can I use essential oils with the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier?
No, this humidifier is not compatible with essential oils. If you are looking for a humidifier that can double as a diffuser for aromatherapy, I recommend either the Crane Top Fill Ultrasonic Cool Mist humidifier or the Levoit Dual 105 Ultrasonic Cool Mist humidifier.
What kind of water should I use with the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier?
You should only use cool water with this humidifier. You can use either tap water or distilled water. If you live in an area with hard water, you may want to use distilled water to prevent excessive mineral buildup.
Does the AquaOasis Cool Mist humidifier use a filter?
No, this humidifier is filter-free. It is an ultrasonic humidifier, so it uses a nebulizer to break the water into droplets instead of wicking it through a filter, like an evaporative humidifier. Learn more about the difference between these humidifier styles in our humidifier guide.
How does a humidifier work?
Humidifiers increase the amount of moisture in the air. Sleeping in a room with dry air can lead to dry skin, respiratory problems, chapped lips, and even nosebleeds. Humidification helps to prevent your skin and mucous membranes (lining of mouth, nose, and throat) from drying out. Learn more in our article about how humidifiers work.
Other Products To Try
- Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier
- Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
- Crane Top Fill Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Honeywell Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier
- Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier
- Levoit Dual 150 Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier