Have you been on the hunt for a new set of sheets? Let me introduce you to the Nolah Bamboo sheet set. Nolah says these sheets are satin-smooth, breathable, and cooling, but are they really? To find out, I personally tested these sheets out, so let’s dig into what they’re made of and how they feel.
Short on time? Skip to the end for my review summary.
What are the Nolah Bamboo Sheets Made Of?
Bamboo is a popular fabric for bedding because it’s super soft, moisture-wicking, breathable, and hypoallergenic. The term for this kind of fabric is bamboo viscose, which is essentially made from bamboo that’s turned into wood pulp and then spun into fabric. The bamboo viscose fabric used in the Nolah Bamboo sheets is Forest Stewardship Council and OEKO-Tex Certified to be safe and eco-friendly.
The Nolah Bamboo sheet set is available in twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, California king, and split king sizes. The twin and twin XL come with a fitted sheet, flat sheet, and one pillowcase. The full, queen, king, and California king sets come with a fitted sheet, flat sheet, and two pillowcases. The split king set comes with two fitted sheets, one flat sheet, and two pillowcases.
Additionally, the pillowcases in this sheet set have a small, envelope-style closure on the back. And the set comes in just one color option: white.
What Do the Nolah Bamboo Sheets Feel Like?
When I first took these sheets out of the package, I was immediately intrigued by how soft and silky they felt. After testing them out, I can say that I was right. These sheets are simultaneously luxurious and silky, but also light and airy. Lying under the top sheet, I could barely even feel it on top of me — it’s practically weightless.
I also thought the fabric felt really nice against my skin, which is especially important with the pillowcases. I like that they have that satin/silk feel, but they aren’t as slippery as those materials often are.
Are the Nolah Bamboo Sheets Good for Hot Sleepers?
I thought these sheets did a great job of keeping cool. I didn’t notice them trapping any heat at all. The sheets themselves are lightweight, and the breathable bamboo fabric ensures that air can flow freely through them.
And in the event that you do get the night sweats, the bamboo fabric doesn’t absorb moisture, so you won’t wake up feeling damp. I like to sleep with a lot of blankets because I’m often more of a cold sleeper, but that can lead to occasional overheating when it’s warm out. When that happened while I was sleeping with these sheets, I didn’t feel any of that humid dankness that can come with overheating at night.
All in all, I think these are a fantastic choice for hot sleepers.
How Durable are Nolah Bamboo Sheets?
Overall, I thought these sheets were quite durable and Nolah backs that up with their 10-year warranty. I washed them several times and they retained the same ultra-soft feel they had when I took them out of the package.
Do the Nolah Bamboo Sheets Stay on the Bed?
I haven’t had any issues with these sheets staying on the bed. While they don’t have any particular features to keep them in place, I think the pockets on the fitted sheet are deep enough that they’ll fit snugly enough around most mattresses to stay put.
With all that in mind, let’s go over who I think should try the Nolah Bamboo sheets and some of my complaints about them.
Who should try the Nolah Bamboo sheets
- If you want sheets that are silky but stay nicely aerated, these bamboo bed sheets are a great option.
- If you’re a hot sleeper, I think you’ll definitely like these sheets. They don’t trap a lot of body heat because they’re breathable and light — plus, they’re moisture-wicking.
- If you want a high-quality, durable set of sheets (with a long warranty), these are a solid choice.
- Another bonus for these sheets is that they come in a wide variety of sizes.
Nolah Bamboo sheets complaints
- I found these sheets to be quite wrinkly. If you are someone who really values a crisp, clean look in your bedding, you might be frustrated by how easily they wrinkle.
- I also found the pillowcases to be a bit small. The envelope closures didn’t encase my standard size pillows completely and it was a little difficult to fit the pillows in.
- Finally, these sheets only come in one color option, which is a little more limiting style-wise.
Nolah Bamboo Sheets Prices and Sizes
Here are the prices for the Nolah Bamboo sheet set, broken down by size. All prices are listed before discounts — but you can use our Nolah coupon to get the best price.
|Size||Fitted Sheet Dimensions||Flat Sheet Dimensions||Pillowcase Dimensions||Price|
|Twin||39" x 75" x 16"||71" x 98"||20" x 27"||$179|
|Twin XL||39" x 80" x 16"||71" x 104"||20" x 27"||$179|
|Full||54" x 75" x 16"||86" x 98"||20" x 27"||$199|
|Queen||60" x 80" x 16"||92" x 104"||20" x 27"||$219|
|King||76" x 80" x 16"||110" x 104"||20" x 37"||$249|
|Cal King||72" x 84" x 16"||110" x 104"||20" x 37"||$249|
|Split King||39" x 80" x 16"||110" x 104"||20" x 37"||$249|
Nolah Bamboo Sheets Policies and FAQs
How do the Nolah Bamboo sheets ship?
Nolah ships for free within the continental United States. Customers in Hawaii and Alaska will have to pay an additional shipping fee.
Do the Nolah Bamboo sheets come with a sleep trial?
Yes, the Nolah Bamboo sheets come with a 120-night trial. That means you can test them out for 120 nights and if you decide they’re not for you, you can return them within that trial period for a full refund.
Do the Nolah Bamboo sheets come with a warranty?
Yep, Nolah offers a 10-year warranty on these bamboo sheets.
How do I clean the Nolah Bamboo sheets?
Nolah recommends machine washing the Nolah Bamboo sheets in cold water with like colors. They advise against using bleach or fabric softener. Tumble on medium heat or hang to dry.
Can I return the Nolah Bamboo sheets after opening them?
You can, thanks to Nolah’s return policy and 120-night sleep trial.
Nolah Bamboo Sheets Vs
Now let’s compare the Nolah Bamboo sheets to another set of bamboo sheets.
Nolah Bamboo Sheets vs Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Cotton Sheets
- This sheet set from Brooklyn Bedding is made with a blend of cotton and rayon fibers derived from bamboo. They’re very durable, as well as being breathable and moisture-wicking.
- The Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Cotton sheets have a much crisper, smoother feel than the Nolah Bamboo sheets. But they also feel quite light and airy.
- The fitted sheet in this set has deep pockets that can accommodate mattresses up to 17 inches tall — which is a very tall mattress. They also have super stretchy, durable elastic bands that ensure the fitted sheet doesn’t move.
- Want to learn more? Read my full Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Cotton sheet review.
The Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Cotton sheets are light, crisp, and airy sheets with deep pockets that can accommodate a mattress up to 17 inches tall.
Other Products from Nolah
- Nolah Squishy pillow
- Nolah Airfoam pillow
- Nolah Airfiber pillow
- Nolah Original memory foam mattress
- Nolah Evolution hybrid mattress
- Nolah Signature mattress
Finally, here are my star ratings for these sheets.