A great pair of pajamas can help you relax, get comfortable, and enjoy high-quality sleep. The only trouble is, when it comes to men’s pajamas, there are approximately one bajillion options. So how can you narrow down your choices?
It helps to start by thinking about whether you have strong feelings when it comes to materials. For instance, do you want warm flannel pajamas, lightweight cotton ones, luxurious satin, or something else? Then, consider your functional needs: Is a button-down top a must? Are pockets essential? Finally, think about whether you want a matching set and if you have aesthetic preferences around colors, designs, and so on. Then check out our list to get started on your search.
RK Classical Sleepwear Men’s Broadcloth Woven Pajama Set
- The set includes a long-sleeve top and pants and is available in a variety of color and pattern choices.
- The top includes a lined collar (to help retain its shape), a chest pocket, and several buttons so you can adjust the fit and regulate temperature.
- The bottoms feature an elastic waistband with buttons, so you can customize the fit a bit.
- Both the top and bottom are fairly roomy, so you can lounge about without feeling constrained by tight fabric.
- Some users have shared that the pajamas don’t hold up super well during repeated washings.
- Some users have reported the Tall sizes are on the shorter side.
Enjoy head-to-toe comfort in the RK Classical Sleepwear Men’s Broadcloth Woven Pajama Set, which features a roomy top and bottoms in several color choices. The set has several thoughtful features including a chest pocket and an elastic waistband with buttons.
Best Flannel Set
EVERDREAM Sleepwear Mens Flannel Pajamas
- The set features a top and bottom made from fine 100% cotton flannel, which is soft, lightweight, and cozy.
- The long-sleeve top has a chest pocket and full button-down, so you can adjust the fit and regulate temperature.
- The bottoms have an elastic waistband with adjustable buttons, so you can customize the fit a bit.
- The set features a roomy fit that makes it easy to move around and get comfortable.
- Some users have reported the pajamas might shrink a bit in the wash.
- Some users have shared that the set might not hold up super well to repeated washings over the long-term.
Enjoy soft, cozy comfort in the EVERDREAM Sleepwear Mens Flannel Pajamas. The set features a full button-down top and roomy bottoms with adjustable buttons.
Best Cotton Set
David Archy Men’s Cotton Pajama Set
- The set includes a top and bottom made from 100% combed cotton, which is soft and breathable.
- The bottoms feature roomy side pockets, a functional fly, and an elastic waistband with a drawstring, so you can customize the fit.
- The set seems to hold up well in the wash.
- The design is a bit more modern than matching sets.
- These aren’t the most budget-friendly pajamas around.
- Some users have shared that the sizes run a bit small. The manufacturer says they’re taking that feedback into account and adjusting future designs.
A modern design and soft, breathable cotton make the David Archy Men’s Cotton Pajama Set as stylish as it is comfortable. The bottoms feature side pockets, a functional fly, and an elastic waistband with a drawstring.
Best Satin Set
Lonxu Mens Satin Pajama Set
- The set includes a matching top and bottom with a silky feel.
- The bottoms have a functional fly and an elastic waistband with a drawstring, so you can customize the fit.
- The set is available in eight colors, so you can tailor it to your aesthetic preferences.
- Some users have reported that the top seems to run small. You might want to order the next size up from your regular size.
- The fabric isn’t super breathable, so it might cause you to sleep hot.
The luxurious, silky Lonxu Mens Satin Pajama Set includes a matching top and bottom and is available in eight colors. The bottoms have a functional fly and an elastic waistband with a drawstring.
Best Summer Set
Latuza Men’s Summer Sleepwear
- The set includes a short-sleeved T-shirt and shorts.
- The shirt and shorts are made from 95% viscose and 5% spandex, so they’re soft, stretchy, and move with your body.
- The shorts feature two side pockets and an elastic waistband.
- The set seems to hold up well in the wash.
- The shorts don’t have a functional fly, which can be a hassle.
- The shorts don’t have a button or drawstring that would allow for customizing the fit, and some users have reported that they run a bit large.
If you’re in need of a pajama set that sleeps cool in warmer months, then look to Latuza Men’s Summer Sleepwear. The set includes a short-sleeved T-shirt and shorts that are soft and stretchy.
Forever Lazy Footed Adult Onesies
- The onesie is available in several colors and patterns, so you can tailor it to your aesthetic preferences.
- It features a relaxed fit to promote comfy lounging.
- The onesie includes a hood and feet so you can stay cozy and warm from head to toe.
- Thoughtful design features include a double-pull front zipper that opens from both ends, roomy side pockets, and a concealed rear-zipper drop seat.
- The sizing tends to run large.
- Some people might find the material to be a little scratchy for their tastes.
If you prefer your pajamas in onesie form, check out the Forever Lazy Footed Adult Onesies. The onesie includes a hood, feet, and a few thoughtful design features to keep you comfy-cozy.
Best Sleep Pant
EVERDREAM Sleepwear Mens Flannel Pajama Pants
- The pants are made from 100% cotton flannel and have a soft, cozy feel.
- They have an elastic waistband and a drawstring closure, so you can adjust the fit a bit to suit your body.
- Thoughtful design features include two side pockets and a single-button fly.
- The pants only come in four plaid color options, so your aesthetic choices are limited.
- Some users have reported that the material is too thin to hold up well over the long-term.
Cozy up in the 100% cotton flannel EVERDREAM Sleepwear Mens Flannel Pajama Pants, which feature side pockets and a functional fly. The elastic waistband and drawstring closure let you adjust the fit.
CYZ Pajama Lounge Sleep Pants
- Choose from a two-pack or an individual pair of pajama bottoms — both options are budget-friendly.
- The pants are 60% cotton and 40% polyester, so they’re soft to the touch.
- An elastic waistband and drawstring let you adjust the fit to your body.
- Thoughtful design features include a button fly and side pockets.
- This isn’t a full-body set; it’s just pajama bottoms.
- Some users have reported that the fly doesn’t always stay closed, which can be a real issue if you’re not wearing anything underneath!
The budget-friendly CYZ Pajama Lounge Sleep Pants can be purchased individually or in a set of two. The pants include side pockets, a button fly, and an elastic waistband with a drawstring.
How We Picked
There are tons of men’s pajamas out there, so filtering through all the options to settle on the best is a tall order. To guide our search, we focused on the following factors.
There’s a ton of variety when it comes to the look of men’s pajamas, which can range wildly in terms of color, patterns, and overall aesthetics. (For instance, there’s a big difference between a matched satin set and a beer-patterned onesie!) Because aesthetics are a matter of personal preference, we included pajamas in a ton of styles so you can choose accordingly.
Different people prefer to lounge in different styles of sleepwear, so we included a lot of options. For instance, you might like a matched or unmatched top and bottom, long sleeves or short sleeves, shorts or pants, a onesie versus a set, and so on. There should be something for pretty much everyone on this list.
We prioritized pajamas with thoughtful design features ranging from side pockets to functional flies, working buttons, adjustable waistbands, and so on. Some features might be more or less important to you, so you can choose what suits you best.
The materials used in a set of pajamas can influence their feel, breathability, and mobility. No material is inherently better than another; instead, it’s largely a matter of personal preference. We included pajamas in a variety of materials — including cotton, flannel, satin, and polyester — so you can choose based on your preferences.
Depending on your climate or the time of year, you might prefer lightweight versus heavier PJs. We included pajamas in a variety of materials and lengths so you can find an option that will keep you comfortable when it comes to temperature regulation.
Sleepopolis Buying Tips
Trying to narrow down your search for the best men’s pajamas? Ask yourself the following:
- Do you want a set, or just bottoms? Determining whether you want a coordinated top and bottom or simply a pair of bottoms is a quick way to narrow your search.
- What are your materials preferences? Different materials have different weights, hand feels, breathability, and so on. Deciding whether you prefer cotton, flannel, satin, polyester, or something else will shrink your options.
- Do you have specific functional needs? For example, some guys won’t consider bottoms that don’t have a functional fly; others require pockets, and so on. If you have strong preferences on this front, that can help you know what to look for.
It can take some time to settle on the best men’s pajamas for your needs. But once you do, it’s totally worth it. A comfy set of pajamas makes lounging and sleeping that much better. So think about your preferences when it comes to design, materials, functionality, and so on, and get hunting!
Latest posts by Logan Block (see all)
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Dreamfoam Mattress Giveaway! - December 25, 2020
- 25 Days of Giving 2020 – Saatva Mattress Giveaway! - December 24, 2020