You might be most familiar with Sleep Number from their adjustable air mattresses that you can customize to your exact “sleep number.” However, the brand makes a variety of other sleep products, including their True Temp line of products engineered to sleep cool.
In this review, I’ll be tackling the Sleep Number True Temp sheets. I’ll go over my personal experience testing these sheets, as well as the materials, features, and buying policies for these sheets.
Short on time? Skip ahead and read my review summary.
What are the Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Made Of?
These sheets are made from a blend of 76 percent cotton, 22 percent polyester, and two percent spandex. The polyester is 37.5® polyester, which is a performance fabric designed to keep your body at 37.5 degrees Celsius.
The True Temp sheets have a 300-thread-count sateen weave. Sateen is a style of weave that creates a silky and lustrous sheet that is much thicker than other styles, such as percale sheets. 300 is a good range for a sateen weave — read our thread count explainer to learn more.
Additionally, the Sleep Number True Temp sheets have some nifty features to secure the fitted sheet to your bed. The fitted sheet has extra strong elastic around the edges and in the corners, as well as SmartFit straps that anchor the sheet in place. The sheets also feature Sleep Number Logic Labels in the bottom right corners, simplifying making the bed. The Logic Label always goes in the bottom right corner, so you’ll know how to orient your sheets.
The Sleep Number True Temp sheets are available in seven different sizes: queen, king, California king, split king, FlexTop king, and FlexTop California king — the FlexTop sizes are designed with a split at the head to use with FlexTop Sleep Number beds.
Each set of True Temp sheets comes with a fitted sheet (the split and California split king sets come with two fitted sheets) and a flat sheet, which is designed to be oversized for a comfortable fit. The True Temp sheet set also comes with two pillowcases.
Plus, the Sleep Number True Temp sheets are OEKO-Tex Standard 100 certified, meaning they pass the highest standards of safety from harmful substances.
What Do the Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Feel Like?
When testing the Sleep Number True Temp sheets, I thought they did feel cool but not particularly soft. While the 37.5® polyester seems to do a good job of temperature balancing, I thought adding polyester into the blend with cotton perhaps contributed a slightly scratchy feel.
However, I did like how the oversized flat sheet fit, offering a lot of sheet material to snuggle up into.
Are the Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Good for Hot Sleepers?
I thought the Sleep Number True Temp sheets did a nice job of maintaining a cool temperature. The 37.5® polyester works to keep your temperature stable while the cotton adds some breathability.
For more cooling sheet options, check out our best sheets for hot sleepers.
How Durable are Sleep Number True Temp Sheets?
I think these sheets should hold up well over time. They feel quite durable, particularly with features like the thick, extra-strong elastic.
Be sure to follow Sleep Number’s care instructions to help your sheets last as long as possible. Machine wash the sheets with mild detergent in cold water on a gentle cycle, and either tumble dry on low or line dry.
Do the Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Stay on the Bed?
This is one area where I feel the Sleep Number True Temp sheets truly excel.
The fitted sheet not only has a super strong elastic band, but it has elastic in the seams of the corners to make them extra stretchy. It also has SmartFit straps, or anchor bands, to secure the sheet all the way underneath your mattress. This fitted sheet is not going anywhere!
Plus, Sleep Number says these sheets use their ExactFit design, essentially meaning the sheets will stretch easily over your bed.
Now that we’ve covered the materials, design, and feel of these sheets, let’s go over my recommendations and complaints.
Who should try the Sleep Number True Temp sheets
- If you hate bed sheets coming loose or popping off the mattress, you’ll love how secure the True Temp sheets are. They have lots of effective features for keeping the sheets in place.
- If you’re a hot sleeper, I think you’ll find these sheets effective at maintaining a cool temperature.
- If you like color options, you’ll appreciate that the Sleep Number True Temp sheet set comes in multiple colors.
- If you find most top sheets too small, or have a partner who always hogs the sheet, I think you’ll love the oversized design of the True Temp top sheet.
Sleep Number True Temp sheets complaints
- I didn’t find these sheets to be very soft — they felt somewhat scratchy and abrasive to me. If you’re most comfy on a super soft sheet set, you might want to consider another set. Take a look at our best bamboo sheet sets and best cotton sheet sets for more options.
- These sheets aren’t available in twin, twin XL, or full sizes, so if you need one of those bed sheet set sizes, these aren’t going to work for you.
- If you’re looking for a 100 percent cotton sheet, these likely won’t be the best fit for you, as they are made from a blend of cotton, polyester, and spandex.
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Prices, Sizes, and Colors
Curious how much these sheets cost? Here’s a breakdown of prices, by size.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size. To get our best price, click one of the coupons throughout this article.
|Size||Fitted Sheet (Inches)||Flat Sheet (Inches)||Pillowcases (Inches)||Price|
|Queen||59″ x 80″ x 15″||96″ x 100″||32″ x 22″||$209.99|
|King||75″ x 80″ x 15″||111″ x 103″||42″ x 22″||$249.99|
|Split King||37″ x 82″ x 15″ (x2)||111″ x 103″||42″ x 22″||$289.99|
|FlexTop King||75″ x 80″ x 15″||111″ x 103″||42″ x 22″||$329.99|
|California King||71″ x 82″ x 15″||111″ x 103″||42″ x 22″||$249.99|
|Split California King||35″ x 82″ x 15″ (x2)||111″ x 103″||42″ x 22″||$289.99|
|FlexTop California King||71″ x 82″ x 15″||111″ x 103″||42″ x 22″||$329.99|
Colors and patterns can be a great way to express your personality through bedding. If you are into color options, you’ll be happy to know the Sleep Number True Temp sheets are available in a few different colors, including:
- Pacific Blue (a medium blue)
- Dune (sandy beige)
- Espresso (brown)
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Policies and FAQs
How do the Sleep Number True Temp sheets ship?
Sleep Number ships for free within the contiguous 48 United States.
Do the Sleep Number True Temp sheets come with a sleep trial?
Yes, Sleep Number offers a 100-night sleep trial with the True Temp sheets. That means you can test them at home for 100 nights and if you decide they aren’t the sheets for you, you can return them within the trial period for an exchange or refund. However, Sleep Number does require you to pay return shipping fees, which will be deducted from your reimbursement.
Do the Sleep Number True Temp sheets come with a warranty?
Yes, the Sleep Number True Temp sheets come with a 1-year limited warranty.
How do I clean the Sleep Number True Temp sheets?
The Sleep Number True Temp sheets are machine washable. Sleep Number advises washing in cold water on a gentle cycle and to dry, either tumble dry on low or line dry. They recommend against using chlorine bleach or fabric softener.
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Vs
Let’s compare the Sleep Number True Temp sheets to a competitor to see how they stack up.
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets vs Purple SoftStretch Sheets
- The Purple SoftStretch sheets are made from a blend of bamboo viscose, spandex, and polyester — very similar to the True Temp, but with bamboo instead of cotton.
- These sheets have an ultra smooth, stretchy, and weighty feel.
- The bamboo promotes cooling in these sheets, which have a nice, cool-to-the-touch feel.
- Want to learn more? Read my full Purple SoftStretch sheets review.
The Purple SoftStretch sheets are stretchy, temperature-regulating sheets made with a blend of rayon from bamboo viscose, spandex, and polyester.
Other Products from Sleep Number
- Sleep Number Essential Down Alternative comforter
- Sleep Number True Temp pillow
- Sleep Number True Temp weighted blanket
- Sleep Number 360 p5 Smart bed
- Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart bed
- Sleep Number 360 i7 Smart bed
- Sleep Number 360 i8 Smart bed
- Sleep Number 360 i10 Smart bed
- Sleep Number C2 mattress
- Sleep Number C4 mattress
Finally, here are my star ratings for the Sleep Number True Temp sheets.