Sleep Number is a well-known brand that sells beds, mattresses, and a variety of bedding products — including their True Temp Sheet Set. The sleep brand has a whole range of True Temp products, including their Weighted Blanket and Pillow.
If you’re on the search for a set of sheets that are comfortable, and help you maintain your ideal sleep temperature, then the True Temp Sheet Set could be exactly what you’re looking for!
Interested in learning more about these temperature regulating sheets? Read my full review to learn what these sheets are made of, how they feel, and who I’d recommend them to. If you’re in a rush, skip down to my review summary to save time.
What are the Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Made Of?
Fitted and flat sheet materials can vary quite a bit, so I always like to kick off my reviews with a section on what a specific product is made of. To learn more about the variety of sheet options out there, check out the best bed sheet roundup.
The True Temp sheets are made of a blend of 76% cotton, 22% 37.5 polyester, and 2% spandex.
This cotton sheet set was made with Sleep Number’s 37.5 technology, which continuously adapts to regulate your body temperature throughout the night. The sheets also have moisture wicking technology, which uses active particles to vaporize sweat, helping keep even the hottest of sleepers comfy all night long.
Beyond materials there’s another important factor you’ll want to consider when searching for new sheets: thread count. Thread count refers to the number of horizontal and vertical threads woven into a square inch of fabric. Generally, the higher the thread count, the higher the quality of the sheets.
The True Temp sheets by Sleep Number have a 300-thread-count sateen weave. I would consider this thread count to be a little low, but still in good standing for high-quality sheets. Typically I look for a thread count between 300 and 500 to know I am getting the best sheets.
What Do the Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Feel Like?
When testing out these sheets myself, I immediately noticed that they felt cool to the touch and breathable. However, they didn’t feel very soft. Personally, the pillowcase was a bit too scratchy for my preferences, but if you like the feel of very crisp sheets they could be great for you!
Are the Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Good for Hot Sleepers?
In my opinion, these sheets live up to their True Temp name as they stay nice and cool — almost like they have A/C built in! I think these sheets are a great choice for hot sleepers. Check out our best cooling sheets roundup for more options if you’re a hot sleeper looking for airflow!
How Durable are the True Temp Sheets?
Durability is always something to consider when looking for new sheets (or really anything). In my opinion, these sheets felt really strong and durable — they’re backed by Sleep Number’s 1-year limited warranty, so the brand thinks they hold up too.
In order to keep your True Temp sheets in the pristine condition they arrived in, Sleep Number recommends machine washing on a gentle cycle with cold water and mild detergent. Do not use chlorine bleach on these sheets. As far as drying goes, tumble dry on low heat or line dry as heat may affect the breathable technology.
Do the True Temp Sheets Stay on the Bed?
These Sleep Number sheets offer ExactFit and SmartFit designs which work together to keep the True Temps sheets on the bed. The ExactFit sheet design is flexible enough for a smooth fit across most mattresses, including all Sleep Number beds. The SmartFit additions keep your sheets in place all night long with a fully elasticized edge, elastic corner seams, and anchor band that wraps around the mattress, holding the fitted sheet in place.
Now that we’ve talked about what the True Temp sheets are made of, what they may feel like, and some common concerns with sheets, it’s time to get to the bottom of the real question here: are these sheets a good fit for you? Below I’ll mention some of my recommendations, as well as complaints, to help you reach a decision.
Who should try the True Temp sheets
- I think hot sleepers would benefit from the cooling capabilities these sheets offer.
- I think active sleepers, those who move around a lot throughout the night, will enjoy the secure fit of the True Temp sheets.
- I would recommend these sheets to folks with a full schedule. The Logic Label at the lower left corner of the sheet makes it easy to quickly figure out which way to put these sheets on.
My True Temp sheet complaints
- Personally I did not find these sheets to be super soft. The pillowcase felt a tad bit scratchy against my skin. If you’re looking for super soft sheets, I’d suggest checking out some of our best microfiber sheets or best bamboo sheets.
- One thing I look for when searching for new sheets is if they are wrinkle-resistant. Presently, the Sleep Number sheets are not wrinkle-free.
- These sheets are only offered in queen and king sizes, so if you’re looking for something to fit a smaller bed you’ll need to go with a different brand. These sheets are also not offered in deep pocket sizes, which could be an issue if you have a thicker mattress.
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Prices, Sizes, and Colors
Below you’ll find a pricing chart showing the different sizes, from queen sheets all the way to California king sheets, Sleep Number offers for both the fitted and top sheets. Be sure to click on one of the coupons in this article to get the best deal.
Price listed will be before discount or offer for each size.
|Queen||59" x 80" x 15"||$199.99|
|King||75" x 80" x 15"||$239.99|
|Split King||37" x 82" x 15"||$279.99|
|FlexTop King||75" x 80" x 15"||$319.99|
|California King||71" x 82" x 15"||$239.99|
|Split California King||35" x 82" x 15"||$279.99|
|Split FlexTop King||71" x 82" x 15"||$319.99|
Colors are often a deciding factor when hunting for a new bed sheet set — I personally look for gold sheets and gold sheets only, but that’s just my preference. The True Temp sheets come in a variety of colors such as slate, Pacific blue, dune, aqua, espresso, and white.
Sleep Number True Temp Sheets Policies and FAQs
How do the True Temp sheets ship?
Sleep Number offers free shipping, with most bedding shipping fast and free everyday!
Do the Sleep Number sheets come with a sleep trial?
Yes! You can try the True Temp Sheets for 30 nights. If you don’t love them, you can exchange them.
Do the True Temp sheets come with a warranty?
Yes. Sleep Number stands behind their True Temp sheets with a 1-year limited warranty.
How do I clean the True Temp sheets?
These sheets are machine washable on a gentle cycle in cold water with mild detergent. Do not use chlorine bleach. Tumble dry on low heat or line dry.
True Temp Sheets Vs
Sleep Number has a wide variety of products, each designed for different sleepers. It can be helpful to see other sheet options from the brand, as well as other cooling sheet options! Take a look at my comparisons below.
True Temp Sheets vs Brooklinen Classic Core Sheets
- The Brooklinen Classic Core sheets are percale sheets, giving them a crisp, cool touch. Think of a classic button down shirt’s feel!
- The Brooklinen sheets have a bit lower thread count, coming in at 270 versus the True Temp’s 300-thread count.
- The Classic Core sheets are available in twin sizes, unlike the True Temp sheets which start at a queen.
- The Brooklinen Classic Core Sheets have a bit lower of a price tag than the Sleep Number True Temp sheets!
- To learn more about these cooling sheets, visit my full Brooklinen Sheets review.
True Temp Sheets vs Parachute Sheets
- Parachute sheets are Egyptian cotton sheets, and are available in percale & sateen weave.
- Parachute sheets feel a bit smoother than the True Temp sheets, but have a similar crisp feel.
- Unlike Sleep Number’s True Temp Sheets, Parachute’s bedding sets do not come with a top sheet.
- Parachute sheets are a bit cheaper than the True Temp sheets, but don’t forget the additional cost of a top sheet!
- To learn more, check out our full Parachute Sheets review.
True Temp Sheets vs Essential Fit Cotton Sheets
- The True Temp sheets are specially designed for climate control, whereas the Essential Fit Cotton sheets are smooth and soft.
- The cotton sheets have more color options than the temperature regulating sheets.
- The Essential Fit Cotton sheets are less expensive than the True Temp sheets.
- If cotton sheets interest you, check out our best picks for cotton sheets.
True Temp Sheets vs Lyocell Ultra Sheets
- The Lyocell Ultra sheets provide a soft, silky touch, as opposed to the crisp feeling of the True Temp sheets.
- Both of these sheet sets are made of a 300-thread-count sateen weave.
- The prices are very similar between these sheet sets.
- To learn more about Lyocell sheets, visit our lyocell vs cotton article.
Other Products from Sleep Number
Curious what else Sleep Number has to offer? Here’s a few other products we have tested:
- Sleep Number True Temp Pillow Review
- Sleep Number True Temp Weighted Blanket Review
- Sleep Number C2 Bed Review
- Sleep Number C4 Bed Review
- Sleep Number 360 p5 Smart Bed Review
- Sleep Number 360 p6 Smart Bed Review
- Sleep Number 360 i8 Smart Bed Review
- Sleep Number 360 i10 Smart Bed Review
Still not sure if you’ll get your best sleep on the True Temp sheets? Take a look at our star ratings for the Sleep Number True Temp sheets below to decide.